Donations to Help Our Special Forces Soldiers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
:flag:flag:flag:flag

Hello all. I thought I would throw this up here. I'm looking for some donations please if you can spare some to help us reach our goal for this fantastic cause that benefits wounded Special Forces Soldiers.

Our office will be participating in this event. We need to raise $7,500 between the 5 of us. This is a challenge both monitarily and physically. However, we feel this is a great cause! Please check out the donation page and this link to more information about the fundraiser.

Thanks for looking guys and gals. :duff

Local News Coverage
https://www.whptv.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=3452887

Donation Page Link
https://www.crowdrise.com/wibs/fundraiser/keithgoddard

More about the event
https://www.crowdrise.com/HydroWorxUnderwaterMarathon

306289_392683957437742_100000884237970_1130917_1327686190_n.jpg

Why Can’t Our Elite Soldiers Receive the Same Quality of Care as Pro Athletes?

Pro athletes expect and receive the best in sports medicine. The Eagle Fund, a designated fund within the Andrews Institute Foundation, was created to provide our elite military athletes access to the Pro Sports Model at the world’s finest surgery, rehabilitation and sports performance facilities. The Eagle Fund’s swift and integrated approach returns elite soldiers back to SERVICE and to a high quality of LIFE

The Underwater Marathon — A Chance for YOU or YOUR COMPANY to Help Our Special Forces

By sponsoring a runner or running in the Underwater Marathon yourself, you or your company can make an instant impact in the quality of life for wounded special forces and help them return to military service.
Your individual donation will impact Eagle Fund participants directly and will help to bring dramatic improvement to the lives of our HEROES' military injury treatment.

Last edited:
How much of the proceeds go to charity? I used to hold games and send 100% of the proceeds to a couple charities helping out Special Forces (and their families) only to discover that said charities were only donating a measly 30% (the legal minimum) to the cause. Since then, I've been extremely leery about military charities preferring to donate to the hospitals directly.

How much of the proceeds go to charity? I used to hold games and send 100% of the proceeds to a couple charities helping out Special Forces (and their families) only to discover that said charities were only donating a measly 30% (the legal minimum) to the cause. Since then, I've been extremely leery about military charities preferring to donate to the hospitals directly.

The website that is used to collect donations takes 4.92% of the donation as a transaction fee. Everything else is 100% used to help rehab our soldiers. Good question! :rock

The website that is used to collect donations takes 4.92% of the donation as a transaction fee. Everything else is 100% used to help rehab our soldiers. Good question! :rock

Yeah, not saying that's the case here (so please don't think that and I'm sorry if I offended), but it just sickens me that people take advantage of well meaning citizens by playing to a sympathy for the troops. :mad:

Yeah, not saying that's the case here (so please don't think that and I'm sorry if I offended), but it just sickens me that people take advantage of well meaning citizens by playing to a sympathy for the troops. :mad:

I agree 100%. Being from a military family that has served this country for years I can't tell you how much I agree to be honest.

If you are in question which I'm not sure whether you are or aren't check out the links and local news story. We work with the company that provides these treadmills and they make a difference. :yess:

Thanks to everyone that donated. The event raised about $350,000 and 55 special forces operators will be rehabbed in these pools. :rock

News Coverage
https://www.abc27.com/story/1949644...art=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7705779

564351_782448370430_1039447133_n.jpg

Notice the football player behind me? That's John Ritchie who himself needed a pool to rehab his knee.

293061_782448200770_1103795790_n.jpg

262388_782294379030_164975214_n.jpg

Had to stop and have a victory beer with the little one. No she didn't share the beer. :lol Troegs brewed a special brew just for the occassion.
394341_446769142029223_646811558_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back