Premium Format Domino Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last couple Sidshow pieces have been pretty damn good... almost perfect. Way better than previous years. Perfection doesn't really exist when it comes to hand paint statues IMO. There is always something flawed when looking point blank.

My last couple Sidshow pieces have been pretty damn good... almost perfect. Way better than previous years. Perfection doesn't really exist when it comes to hand paint statues IMO. There is always something flawed when looking point blank.

I agree that the newer pieces are just better pieces all around from their older pieces. Especially their sculpts in general. This Domino is simply beautiful, from the base and the design. And while perfection may not exist, other companies don't run into the same bait and switch issues nearly as often. Primarily because they know better than producing prototypes which are 'almost' impossible for their chosen factory to replicate, at whatever they're paying for at least.

And it's not always 'flaws' that could be the issue. More so it's the quality difference between the prototype and the production piece. Like the new Wonder Woman could be 'flaw less' (if no eye decal issues etc), but that doesn't always mean it'll match the prototype's level of quality. As many have mentioned all they have to do, is have the factories lead painter at least prepare the piece that is used for promotional images, and a lot of the perceived disappointment could disappear over night. But I've been reading that suggestion since I started collecting over 5 years ago, and Sideshow hasn't really changed during that time, in that respect at least.

other companies don't run into the same bait and switch issues nearly as often. More so it's the quality difference between the prototype and the production piece. Like the new Wonder Woman could be 'flaw less' (if no eye decal issues etc), but that doesn't always mean it'll match the prototype's level of quality. As many have mentioned all they have to do, is have the factories lead painter at least prepare the piece that is used for promotional images, and a lot of the perceived disappointment could disappear over night.

I agree that with Wonder Woman the paint application missed the mark... primarily her face.

Domino should be an easier duplication. She is basically black and grey. Hopefully they don't mess this up.

The new Batman PF, Superman (minus the skin tone) and Black Widow PF were all pretty spot on. There is hope!

Good luck to anyone ordering!

I just pre-ordered the exclusive! She looks pretty and badass. I love the swap out gun smoke and her exclusive portrait. This will be my third PF. My 2nd PF, Black Widow, is shipping for me soon!

Just ordered an EX with $78 in points. First preorder in a year. Low edition size and there's not gonna be too many Domino statues getting made is my guess. Unique pose. Makes a small footprint for shelf space. Seems that the paint app on the face can't be screwed up too easily. All in all there's just no part of this statue to dislike.

I can't find any in person videos from any cons with one. I've only seen the sideshow live video showing it. Has anyone filmed it at a comic con? I'd love to see it.

Thanks man I watch your secret sanctuary videos all the time too. Great work. I missed that one though. Looks excellent.

One more payment for me on this beautiful PF! Glad they had it on the live show yesterday. It looks awesome. Love the exclusive portrait.

The EX is a must have for me. Getting excited to see her in-hand.

Just got this in!

More pictures here:
https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=158150&page=26

W2ofcEZ.jpg

Back