Dolls vs. Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolls or Action figures?

• Total voters
Just my two cents but it seems as though this argument has inherent stigma attached to it. While I'm fine if you tell me I collect comic book dolls, I think some here stigmatize this term and use it as a way to place judgment on another collector.

Just my two cents but it seems as though this argument has inherent stigma attached to it. While I'm fine if you tell me I collect comic book dolls, I think some here stigmatize this term and use it as a way to place judgment on another collector.

Of course there's that. But aside from statue folk taking the piss at figure folk, what about the avid 1/6 collectors that willingly and openly call these dollies?!?!

There are 21 lost souls in this thread alone, but there are more out there that need our help! They need to be saved

I'm comfortable in my masculinity to be able to admit that yes, I own comic/movie dolls, and that yes, it isn't normal. I feel no shame.

Maybe when I was a kid I would deny it and say that they were "action figures", but eventually I faced the facts.

doll
n.
1. A figure having the likeness of a human, especially one used as a child's toy.

action figure
n.
1. A doll representing a character known for vigorous activity, such as a soldier or superhero.

...either way, i call them play things....beetches for short.

There are now 22. I fear they may be beyond hope.

I'm plenty comfortable too, that's why I collect in the first place (despite the abuse I have to endure from my crew), but there's no way I'm using the D word. NEVA

here a guy can get killed for owning dolls.

eraserhead.gif

Of course there's that. But aside from figurine folk taking the piss at figure folk, what about the avid 1/6 collectors that willingly and openly call these dollies?!?!

There are 21 lost souls in this thread alone, but there are more out there that need our help! They need to be saved

Corrected :)

Back