Doing a Star Wars wall Display

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbtv01

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well I decided to make a star wars wall display like my current display of other figures (with a figure next to its corresponding poster on the wall). My Collection

I am going to do all six movies with a character chosen from each movie to be displayed next to the poster.

This is what I have been thinking, let me know what you guys think, have to pick up five of these guys (already have Medi Darth):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phantom: Sideshow Darth Maul

Clones: Medicom Jango Fett

Sith: Sideshow ROTS Obi-Wan (just love that sculpt)

New Hope: this is the one I am stuck on, I was thinking maybe a Medicom
stormtrooper or Sideshow Leia

Empire: Medicom Darth VAder

Jedi: Sideshow ROTJ Luke
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know what you guys think, the only prob I am having really making a selection for is New Hope.

out of the two I'd go with SS Leia for ANH, the stormtroopers are the same (pretty much) through all 3 films... but that is Leia from THAT film.

If it was me :)

I would agree. Go with ANH Leia for that film. Your other selections sound spot on--- It's nice to see a fellow Atlantic Canadian... awesome collection. I think I'm going to have to steal your idea for screwing the piece of wood (painted black) unto the wall :D Are the posters in your home theatre? What room do you have the posters? (forget that--- I just read in your collection thread :pow ).

Get the Medicom Sandtrooper for ANH -- in 97 minutes. :D

Cool looking display! Classiest one with 12" figures I've ever seen.

ANH os tricky. I'm not a fan of the SS Leia, but it's more iconic than the Stormy. I say wait and see, SS might do ANH Luke or Ben soon. I mean Jango isn't shipping till Oct. so it'll be incomplete for some time, maybe wait it out and see. IU think, being the 30th, we'll see some better ANH figure pop along.

I am doing exactly the same thing!! Only difference is that I am framing a mini poster along with a corresponding signed 8" x 10" of the character.Only trouble is..I am having trouble tracking down the mini posters (ideally 27 x 35 cm).One company has them for 4 of the films and thats the bset I have found so far.I would like the prequels to be the normal posters but the original trilogy ones to be the special edition as I feel they match more.
The figures I have chosen so far are..

The Phantom Menace - Sideshow Darth Maul (no brainer really)
Attack of the Clones - ??
Revenge of the Sith - Sideshow General Grievous
A New Hope - Sideshow Darth Vader
Empire Strikes Back - Sideshow Boba Fett
Return of the Jedi - ??

As you can probably see, I have chosen all bad guys as I have not seen any human likenesse by any company that have tempted me to buy besides maybe the Sideshow Leia. I want all the figures to be by one company so I am hoping for maybe a Sideshow Stormtrooper or I may have to bite the bullet and get a good guy for AOTC unless a Jango is made.I could swap Boba for ROTJ i suppose and pick another for ESB and Vader would be o.k for any of the originals. Opinions would be welcome...ta!!

bonsey said:
The Phantom Menace - Sideshow Darth Maul (no brainer really)
Attack of the Clones - ??
Revenge of the Sith - Sideshow General Grievous
A New Hope - Sideshow Darth Vader
Empire Strikes Back - Sideshow Boba Fett
Return of the Jedi - ??

Are you using the PF's or are you mixing them with ones (Darth Maul) from the 12" line?

I'd suggest regardless that you use Jabba for ROTJ if you have a location that would support him.

I am using the 12inch ones and yes...Jabba would be awesome for this :idea ...hmmmm...might be a little more expensive then originally thought...lol (shaking fist at DarthNeil)

gbtv01 said:
I am using the 12inch ones and yes...Jabba would be awesome for this :idea ...hmmmm...might be a little more expensive then originally thought...lol (shaking fist at DarthNeil)

He is expensive-------- but worth it in a HUGE way... He's the jewel of my SW 12" (own all of the SW and two of the Medicom)--- If you don't have Jabba you HAVE to get him.

DarthNeil said:
Are you using the PF's or are you mixing them with ones (Darth Maul) from the 12" line?

I'd suggest regardless that you use Jabba for ROTJ if you have a location that would support him.

No- just PF figures.i think the Emperor will be good if they relaese him.
p.s - Sorry for intruding in this thread!!

The Yavin Luke could be a good one for ANH at least for now. I imagine once the Farmboy version is released that would take the top spot.

bonsey said:
No- just PF figures.i think the Emperor will be good if they relaese him.
p.s - Sorry for intruding in this thread!!

Don't apologize--- adding and sharing is what threads are for... We add and learn how to better display our collections by sharing ideas and different approaches. I have two PF's on the way (wish they'd get here already!!!) and seeing/hearing about both of your collections has really inspired to display the PT one (Grievous) with a PT poster and the OT one (Leia) with an OT poster... Now I just wish I had a home theatre room to display them in rather than my home office.

I finally decided who I am gonna use for New Hope.
I was able to pre-order the Medicom Sandtrooper :emperor ... I absolutely loved the look of that trooper in New Hope and was a no-brainer for me that I wanted him for that poster :monkey5

LOL...I am changing my mind on how I wanna do this Star Wars Display everyday now but I believe:rolleyes: that I have finally come up with the final selections, I decided to go with 2 characters from each film instead of just one and I am going to go with the same kind of wall display I have for my other figures.

Again pictures will explain better then words so I roughly mocked up the concepts for each of the movies and the characters that I hopefully have finally decided upon.

Episode1.jpg

Episode2.jpg

Episode3.jpg

Episode4.jpg

Episode5.jpg

Episode6.jpg

Hope it is gonna be badass once finished :maul

Back