Doh! I Broke Anakin!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tweezers should get it out.

I once had this problem with a medicom hand peg breaking off only the imbedded peg piece was broken in, not out in the wrist. I had to drill out the imbedded peg, needless to say the hand was left unusuable... unless of course you could somehow substitute the hand peg with something else...

The problem is the male part broke away and is embedded in the female part :)monkey3 ). I tried tweasers and it bent them. I will try heating it up and see where I can go from there... :cool:

pjam said:
Tweezers should get it out.

I once had this problem with a medicom hand peg breaking off only the imbedded peg piece was broken in, not out in the wrist. I had to drill out the imbedded peg, needless to say the hand was left unusuable... unless of course you could somehow substitute the hand peg with something else...

I would imagine that if you did have to resort to drilling the peg out, you could find a wood or aluminum rod @ your local hobby shop that would work just as good or better than this O so poorly engineered joint. Automotive epoxy would afix the new peg to the current arm. A little sanding and some paint and you wont notice it....but I do understand that YOU'LL always know it's there. Sorry for your mishap.

DCFett said:
I would imagine that if you did have to resort to drilling the peg out, you could find a wood or aluminum rod @ your local hobby shop that would work just as good or better than this O so poorly engineered joint. Automotive epoxy would afix the new peg to the current arm. A little sanding and some paint and you wont notice it....but I do understand that YOU'LL always know it's there. Sorry for your mishap.

Thanks DC, only this was a rare 12" Medicom Bruce Lee Kato which came with 2 sets of gloved hands. I thought about the aluminum rod/wood but would have to drill a hole out of the hand and epoxy it... So the figure isn't ruined, only it now has 3 working hands instead of four thank God. But it wasn't fun. :monkey1

pixletwin said:
Thanks DCFett... :monkey2

You're welcome....You might have to also drill the arm as to get a female connection there too. Just permanently secure that part to the arm, while the other half stays friction fit like the original. Trying to do a butt joint on the arm with a new peg will probably not last. Major surgery I know, but it may have to be done.
IF you get the old peg out, you might try drilling a small metal dowel in both the arm and the broken peg to reinforce it. That way the new joint has the epoxyed surface of the break AND the reinforcing rod to secure it so it doesnt snap like that again. Butt joints on action figures tend to be short lived in my experience.

pjam said:
Thanks DC, only this was a rare 12" Medicom Bruce Lee Kato which came with 2 sets of gloved hands. I thought about the aluminum rod/wood but would have to drill a hole out of the hand and epoxy it... So the figure isn't ruined, only it now has 3 working hands instead of four thank God. But it wasn't fun. :monkey1

Im sure! PLUS, them bad boys aint cheap!

I've never used the mechanical arm, so I would just swap the body out.

Which is what I plan on doing with a HT body.

Pix go to your local hardware store and buy a 3/16 drill bit and a screw extractor. Drill into broken piece at the center and let the screw extractor work it's magic. :D

OK Some of you may be interested to know that I stuck his arm in boiling water for a few minutes and with alot of KURGAN worthy grunting the peg came out. The peg is ruined, but at least I got it out cleanly and now I can put the mechanical arm in (which I plan to do permanently)..

I am so glad Eric is still comming in here to coment on things. He truly lights the way for us all. :D

The mech arm is so much cooler anyway, dude. :D

Lesson I learned with these damn pegs. If they have plastic mold seam residue, sand it off, also swab pegs with dishwashing soap or even butter so they won't get stuck...

Last edited:
Back