Considering building a Sith Anakin (Darth Vader), need help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cingen

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all!

I am considering building my own Anakin from ROTS since I am really starting to doubt if Hot Toys will ever release theirs.

Thing is, I have no actual customizing skills whatsoever.

Does anyone have any pointers of where to get started?

I was thinking of hunting down a sideshow version, buying a custom headsculpt and putting it all on a truetype to get started. Is this a good idea or is the Medicom version a better option? The only thing I would use of either figure is the clothing and accesoiries. I'd switch out the body and headsculpt.

If I go this route, which parts of the sideshow figure will be useable (mainly worried about the gloved hand, will it fit on a truetype body?) and which won't?

Thanks alot in advance!

Last edited:
in order for the glove to fit you're gonna have to cut (with an xacto knife) the glove a little above where you'll be inserting the hand peg, i did this on mine and you can't really tell the top part of the glove is missing since its covered by the tunic or robe.

in order for the glove to fit you're gonna have to cut (with an xacto knife) the glove a little above where you'll be inserting the hand peg, i did this on mine and you can't really tell the top part of the glove is missing since its covered by the tunic or robe.

Thanks for the tip! Do you happen to have a picture of yours?

Alright, thanks for the tip anyways!

Does anyone have any tips for the sleeves? I noticed them being very oversized on the sideshow figure, and I was curious if anyone had any suggestions to fix this.

Please note that I do not have any tailoring experience and am not very good at sewing, so easier = better in this case!

If sewing isn't your forte, you could fold the end under to shorten it and apply some glue to hold it in place.

If sewing isn't your forte, you could fold the end under to shorten it and apply some glue to hold it in place.

Thanks for the advice! Do you happen to know if the actual width of the sleeve may need adjusting too? I don't have it in hand yet, and judging by pictures the lenght really is too long, but the width isn't that clear to me.

Back