Dog Alien life-size head - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks better if you don't put it besides the prototype. Do that and all of the subtle paint details that didn't quite make it to the production piece really stand out. If I had the money, or if these were a bit cheaper, I'd order this now.

It looks better if you don't put it besides the prototype. Do that and all of the subtle paint details that didn't quite make it to the production piece really stand out. If I had the money, or if these were a bit cheaper, I'd order this now.

I agree with you. The subtle details in the paint were def left behind a bit in the production piece. However, when seeing the prototype pics I really expected a bit of it to be lost in production. Sad, but we know that's just the way it is. I just wanted to put the pics next to each other, really as a benefit to the production piece because despite some paint details, this is really an outstanding looking piece!! ;)

C69zV33U0AEsxUz.jpg
C69zWe5VwAANxjE.jpg
C69zXUWU8AEXxlH.jpg
C690OjuVAAEZvQD.jpg
C690PUHU4AIzJ1Q.jpg
C690P8CVsAAyemc.jpg

man... thanks for sharing
but this company keeps disapointing me... Where is the transparency on the dome... And the colors seem so washed out...
But it can be the pictures...

Your thoughts in real?

Not to jump the gun too much here, but these paint jobs don't bode well for their upcoming 1/3 scale maquettes which will require a lot more finesse. :-/

Were these photos taken with the flash on? Because that could be making the light parts look too bright and the dark parts too dark. Assuming that these are flash photos, I think the paint job looks good. If not... well, less good.

I'm not one to write something off based on the first set of pictures, it's entirely possible these look good in person still and said pictures are just rubbish. But based on what I'm seeing here and with the Warrior, I'm glad I didn't order these.

The inner mouth is painted and the dome on the dog isn't meant to be clear however.

This ones not too bad really, but if the warrior looks as bad as the pics...

"Not as bad" still do not compliment the piece...Far from it...still sounds as "sh@t" when compared to the initial anticipation and hype for this piece. Casting seems good with a good level of sculpting details. Lets wait for more in hand pics.

Did anyone really think that these were going to have a paint finish like the originals?

In case somebody is interested - this review of NenyDee might help:

The final product lacks in some parts, but overall a really nice presence. Let's hope for that with the Big Chap they will go for a proper translucent dome.

In case somebody is interested - this review of NenyDee might help: . . .

The final product lacks in some parts, but overall a really nice presence. Let's hope for that with the Big Chap they will go for a proper translucent dome.

Thanks for posting the link and nice job (to you & Neny) on the vid :clap

Back