Does Hot Toys have a master Batman movie licence?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
I heard that with Mattel's Movie Masters series, they can make characters from all past and present DC properties. I was wondering if the same could be said with Hot Toys? I've read that HT spent alot of money for the licence, so could that mean that previous Batfilms are included in the deal?

Here are figures that I would have to have:

Michael Keaton as Batman (1989)
Jack Nicholson as the Joker
Val Kilmer as Batman (sonar suit)
Chris O'Donnel as Robin (FOREVER)
Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul
Aaron Eckhardt as Harvey Two-Face

I'd go broke if they did have the master license.
My list would be:
  • Michael Keaton as '89 Batman
  • Jack Nicholson as The Joker
  • Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman
  • Val Kilmer as Batman
  • Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl
  • Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul
  • Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon
  • Cillian Murphy as The Scarecrow
  • Aaron Eckhardt as Harvey Two-Face
I also might go for a Kim Basinger, Nicole Kidman, and Uma Thurman just for customs (I could care less about their characters).

i hope there is a catwoman in an upcoming nolan/batman film. i also hope that HT aquires the license to this said film and gives me a kick ass catwoman figure.

Seriously ? the Schumacher franchise ? with the nipple on the Bat-suit ?

I really liked FOREVER. Plus, O'Donnel's costume in Forever was a pretty faithful translation of the Tim Drake Robin suit from the comics, only with long "sleeves".

And nipples...:rolleyes:

i hope there is a catwoman in an upcoming nolan/batman film.
I think Catwoman is too far away from the Nolan's "Batverse" imagination.
even the most realistic remaining characters are a little bit goofy (Riddler, Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter, Catwoman, Harley, Penguin) or unreal (Man-Bat, Bane, Poison Ivy, Freeze)
I think Nolan chose the best villains for his franchise, maybe his successor will bring a brand new vision for those remaining characters.

Gotta disagree. Nolan could do amazing versions of Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Mad Hatter and Harley. Harley especially.. just think of all those women out there infatuated with serial killers that write to them in jail. Anyway, I wouldn't really want anything pre-Begins. But from Begins and TDK yet:

Harvey/Two Face
GORDON! Both in GPD SWAT Gear and his trench coat from the end of Begins
Ras
Scarecrow

Maybe I'd go in for the clown goons or something but those four above are really big holes in the line to me so far.

I'd go broke if they did have the master license.
My list would be:
  • Michael Keaton as '89 Batman
  • Jack Nicholson as The Joker
  • Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman
  • Val Kilmer as Batman
  • Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl
  • Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul
  • Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon
  • Cillian Murphy as The Scarecrow
  • Aaron Eckhardt as Harvey Two-Face
I also might go for a Kim Basinger, Nicole Kidman, and Uma Thurman just for customs (I could care less about their characters).

Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman +1000 :monkey5

Gotta disagree. Nolan could do amazing versions of Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Mad Hatter and Harley. Harley especially.. just think of all those women out there infatuated with serial killers that write to them in jail. Anyway, I wouldn't really want anything pre-Begins. But from Begins and TDK yet:

Harvey/Two Face
GORDON! Both in GPD SWAT Gear and his trench coat from the end of Begins
Ras
Scarecrow

Maybe I'd go in for the clown goons or something but those four above are really big holes in the line to me so far.

DarkArtist and I are working on Joker Goons.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36308

Seriously ? the Schumacher franchise ? with the nipple on the Bat-suit ?

If all the Batmen would made I would definitely get a the Schumacher suits. Just to have the legacy on the shelf but it'd definitely be one of each.

I heard that with Mattel's Movie Masters series, they can make characters from all past and present DC properties. I was wondering if the same could be said with Hot Toys? I've read that HT spent alot of money for the licence, so could that mean that previous Batfilms are included in the deal?

Its quite possible that they have it although it may be a long time coming before they go through all of the possibilities. I see them going back through Begins before heading through the other films. Mix that in with the likely hood that we'll get another Batman film by 2011 and the hype they'll do that way it'd be a long time coming really and I don't see them going that in depth...past Batman and the villains.

i hope there is a catwoman in an upcoming nolan/batman film. i also hope that HT aquires the license to this said film and gives me a kick ass catwoman figure.

I've heard grumblings that Nolan wanted to include Catwoman into the franchise but then again those are unconfirmed rumors. It'd be nice to find a way to include Selena.

I really liked FOREVER. Plus, O'Donnel's costume in Forever was a pretty faithful translation of the Tim Drake Robin suit from the comics, only with long "sleeves". And nipples...:rolleyes:

I hated Chris O' Donnell as Robin. Not to mention its a bastardization to just take the Tim Drake suit and give it to Dick Grayson, the least that could have been done is give Dick a new suit based an original design. I would NOT buy a Chris O' Donnell Robin if offered, I would rather get a Nicole Kidman Chase figure over that.

Mattel can't make the Adam West stuff though, so I doubt Hot Toys would be able to either.

Yeah the likeness rights on that are FUBAR but Adam West himself is pretty forgiving on his likeness lately, they could probably produce him in their military or just produce a Bruce Wayne without much to do.

Harley especially.. just think of all those women out there infatuated with serial killers that write to them in jail.

That is one of the sad things about Ledger's passing. I don't want anyone else playing The Joker but if he were alive and could have been included even cameo wise in Batman 3 it would have been neat to see his take on Harley.

Gotta disagree. Nolan could do amazing versions of Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, Mad Hatter and Harley. Harley especially.. just think of all those women out there infatuated with serial killers that write to them in jail
I'm pretty sure Nolan's can bring a lot to a Mad Hatter (paedophilia ?), a Riddler (abusive father ?) and even to the Ventriloquist (too much 2 Face), but the Penguin is not a psychological threat to Batman, Catwoman is just a thief and Harley cannot match in a red/black vynil suit in the middle of the Batverse of Nolan. Remember, the entire work of Nolan is about the twisted mind of each and every characters but none of this villains equal the Joker, 2 Face or the Scarecrow (maybe not Ra's).

That is one of the sad things about Ledger's passing. I don't want anyone else playing The Joker but if he were alive and could have been included even cameo wise in Batman 3 it would have been neat to see his take on Harley.

Who said you need to SEE Joker? I would find it much more interesting if he took a more hands off approach and played the people as pawns, ESPECIALLY Harley. With some interesting camera work you can pull off some amazing things and not tread on Ledger's amazing performance.

But I just wanna know: "HOT TOYS, WHERE IS MY GORDON?!"

You are taking the comic versions and saying that they can't fit when in reality Nolan and company have taken The Scarecrow, The Joker, Two-Face, Ras Al Ghul and made them realistic and modernized their tactics. Any Batvillain decided on would be given the same treatment and I'm sure would not resemble their comic counterparts.

I hated Chris O' Donnell as Robin. Not to mention its a bastardization to just take the Tim Drake suit and give it to Dick Grayson, the least that could have been done is give Dick a new suit based an original design. I would NOT buy a Chris O' Donnell Robin if offered, I would rather get a Nicole Kidman Chase figure over that.

What's the big deal? Sure O'Donnell was a grown-ass man when he moved in and became Robin, but aside from his age and hair being wrong, I thought he did a pretty good job. And what's wrong with giving him a modified Tim Drake suit? Would you prefer tights and booties? It was faithful to the comics, and fit in the movie universe. I'll take his Forever suit over his bastardized Nightwing costume from B&R, anyday.

Don't get me started on Batman and Robin but at least the Nightwing costume belongs to Dick. They took the time to create a new Batman costume, all black with variations and then the secondary Sonar version and just slapped the Tim Drake costume? Of course tights and booties wouldn't have flown in modern takes but they could have taken the time to make something new. Not to mention casting a grown man to come in and play Robin was a mistake from the getgo. Thank God Nolan refuses to put Robin in his films.

Now that DCD is distributing Hot Toys stuff, I wonder if other Batman movie figures are more likely...

Back