Does broken plastic devalue Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, you're losing out. I've sold those things for upwards of $30 alone.

did you put those HT silica bags inside a ziplock bag together with a dehumidifier bag? wet silica bags considered used, which will depreciate it's value.

The only advantage to me in keeping the shipper is that it provides some protection for the 'real' box. I started feeling a bit of regret after I threw out one of my shippers early on, and the next few arrivals from Sideshow and Popcultcha came with them in tact (PC even bubble wrap, keeping it in better condition) but then my last couple of purchases (older figures on special) haven't even come with them. I'm hardly going to return HT Avengers Thor to Hong Kong just because the (as far as I can tell) unopened figure box in plastic wrap was cardboard boxed into 3rd party boxing..

Do you guys think that hot toys plastic has actually become worse over the years? I mean quality wise, im not sure how it holds to previous releases.

Bodies on some releases definitely not as good some older releases - which I first noticed with the Batman Armory release. The difference between the Bruce body and a knock-off was minor, whereas the difference compared to a retail basic TTM-21 and some older figures was significant. Hard to say whether this is just normal product to product differences or a change in production as I don't have every old nor every new figure to compare.

The other issue I have is flaking leather :(. At least for bodies, you can just replace them, but if the leather flakes, there's no way to replace it!

Flaking anything is defective fabric (vinyl, etc.) - generally from sourcing from a low-cost instead of a high-quality manufacturer.

The other issue I have is flaking leather :(. At least for bodies, you can just replace them, but if the leather flakes, there's no way to replace it!

you can replace them with real leather. i've done it before, but for those belt straps only since i don't have much skills in tailoring. you can get genuine leather pieces cheap on ebay. they come in all sorts of leather type, color & thickness though i can't find many thin enough for 1/6 but current figures don't use 1/6 accurately thin leathers, or fabrics anyway.

Flaking anything is defective fabric (vinyl, etc.) - generally from sourcing from a low-cost instead of a high-quality manufacturer.

flaking will happen as long as glue is used in the manufacturing process since they will dry out eventually. only difference is how long they last under what type of environment. genuine leather on the other hand can last centuries under proper environment.

Back