Does anybody else have issues with the new Star Wars designs??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a hard core OT only enthusiast, I have zero problems with the new designs... They seem logical...and am 100% confident that the movie will be great. JJ is screwed no matter what, the OT only fanboys will say it's too much of a departure from the OT and the rest will say it's too much of a rehash of the OT.

I am a hard core OT only enthusiast, I have zero problems with the new designs... They seem logical...and am 100% confident that the movie will be great. JJ is screwed no matter what, the OT only fanboys will say it's too much of a departure from the OT and the rest will say it's too much of a rehash of the OT.

It's true. At some point you just have to drown that out, buckle down, and make what you think is the best movie.

JJ is in fact not screwed in my book. Everybody should get a fair shake. Now that being said I do have an issue with anybody taking the newer movies and changing the overall style the first 6 (and yes the prequels sucked) movies were done. The prequels granted are nothing like the the original trilogy as far as story quality, but at least they had the person that envisioned the whole thing at the helm.
JJ on the other hand may just come in and forget all of that by trying to go flashy, which in my opinion he has a habit of dong so. I don't just want eye candy! I want a quality movie that doesn't **** all over where it came from.
They're already changing things the older movies did not have. Since when do stormtroopers reload? The new design of one of the new stormtroopers has a chest rig and to me that's too much like our modern military stuff we see now, not Star Wars stuff. Who knows, maybe my tone will change down the road, but I just think disney's writing is on the wall considering what they did to the new rebels cartoon.

JJ is in fact not screwed in my book. Everybody should get a fair shake. Now that being said I do have an issue with anybody taking the newer movies and changing the overall style the first 6 (and yes the prequels sucked) movies were done. The prequels granted are nothing like the the original trilogy as far as story quality, but at least they had the person that envisioned the whole thing at the helm.
JJ on the other hand may just come in and forget all of that by trying to go flashy, which in my opinion he has a habit of dong so. I don't just want eye candy! I want a quality movie that doesn't **** all over where it came from.
They're already changing things the older movies did not have. Since when do stormtroopers reload? The new design of one of the new stormtroopers has a chest rig and to me that's too much like our modern military stuff we see now, not Star Wars stuff. Who knows, maybe my tone will change down the road, but I just think disney's writing is on the wall considering what they did to the new rebels cartoon.

George was the one that came back and went all FLASHY. He also went all Boring. Anything JJ does will be better then the Prequels. lol

100% agree with this statement. From what I've seen of Abrams' work (and I've seen most of it), this is what he does. Lots of flash and fan service nods and references that make you feel good while watching it, but as soon as it's over and you really analyze what you saw, you realize there was no substance.

I agree that the look of the chest rig on the Heavy Gunner leaves a lot to be desired, but love or hate the new Stormtrooper designs, I would like to point out that troopers carrying extra ammo pouches is nothing new.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441682081.182321.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441682094.849021.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441682114.669535.jpg

George was the one that came back and went all FLASHY. He also went all Boring. Anything JJ does will be better then the Prequels. lol

I hope you're right. And yeah Lucas did go all flashy, but I think Abrahams might go too far.

100% agree with this statement. From what I've seen of Abrams' work (and I've seen most of it), this is what he does. Lots of flash and fan service nods and references that make you feel good while watching it, but as soon as it's over and you really analyze what you saw, you realize there was no substance.

I agree that the look of the chest rig on the Heavy Gunner leaves a lot to be desired, but love or hate the new Stormtrooper designs, I would like to point out that troopers carrying extra ammo pouches is nothing new.

View attachment 208660
View attachment 208661
View attachment 208663
Agree but at least it was more original back then. It just looks like they're trying to emulate current military which is not very original.

I don't like the new ship designs. the troop transport looks like a boat. The TIE's are off. I do like the X-Wings but come up with something new please.

I thinks all looking good to me TBH ... why complaining without having seen the film.. Love it how people start criticizing JJ before having seen any of the screen time. Design-wise its way more closer to the OT then the PT ever came. And thats make happy already

Agree but at least it was more original back then. It just looks like they're trying to emulate current military which is not very original.

I'm not a fan of the chest rig look either, but it's also not exactly accurate to say that the pouches on the sandtrooper were original designs. They are off the shelf WWII magazine pouches, they just looked better.

I'm not a fan of the chest rig look either, but it's also not exactly accurate to say that the pouches on the sandtrooper were original designs. They are off the shelf WWII magazine pouches, they just looked better.

Agreed 1000%!

Back