Does a flawless statue exist?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOZEclone88

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I’m still relatively new to sideshow and statue collecting so I only have a handful of pieces… However, from the pieces I own I noticed that I don’t own a single flawless piece in terms of quality control. Don’t get me wrong, there isn’t some kind of glaring issue with any of my pieces BUT, that perfect “I can’t find a single flaw” piece continues to elude me… Granted I have bought everything I own after the fact from eBay, here is the list of issues I’ve encountered:

Rogue EX. Com- has a paint abnormality on the single strand of hair that sticks away from her forehead

She Hulk EX. Com- has a tiny tiny paint chip missing from her hip

Emma Frost EX. Com- very very slight paint chip on her hair

Wolverine PF- has a slight tear on his fabric pants

Gambit Ex. Com- Probably the most significant issues on this piece. The energy hand instantly fell away from the fingers when I unpackaged it (quick glue job fixed this). The paint on his face is bleeding ever so slightly into his black side face mask. Then paint chips on his boots and pants.

Gambit Reg- I bought a second gambit because of all the issues with the EX, but this one had some weird discoloration on his black pants.

I’ve mostly collected Hot Toys figures where each piece is controlled and often perfect, but I know comparing these to polystone figures isn’t fair. So have I been just kinda unlucky, or is this an ongoing trend? Do people actually own pieces where they can’t find a single fault???

I’m still relatively new to sideshow and statue collecting so I only have a handful of pieces… However, from the pieces I own I noticed that I don’t own a single flawless piece in terms of quality control. Don’t get me wrong, there isn’t some kind of glaring issue with any of my pieces BUT, that perfect “I can’t find a single flaw” piece continues to elude me… Granted I have bought everything I own after the fact from eBay, here is the list of issues I’ve encountered:

Rogue EX. Com- has a paint abnormality on the single strand of hair that sticks away from her forehead

She Hulk EX. Com- has a tiny tiny paint chip missing from her hip

Emma Frost EX. Com- very very slight paint chip on her hair

Wolverine PF- has a slight tear on his fabric pants

Gambit Ex. Com- Probably the most significant issues on this piece. The energy hand instantly fell away from the fingers when I unpackaged it (quick glue job fixed this). The paint on his face is bleeding ever so slightly into his black side face mask. Then paint chips on his boots and pants.

Gambit Reg- I bought a second gambit because of all the issues with the EX, but this one had some weird discoloration on his black pants.

I’ve mostly collected Hot Toys figures where each piece is controlled and often perfect, but I know comparing these to polystone figures isn’t fair. So have I been just kinda unlucky, or is this an ongoing trend? Do people actually own pieces where they can’t find a single fault???

HT's QC is worse than SSC, look at the paint of the IM MK IV and VI, a lot of them is like being scratch by a brush before right afther they finish painting.

HT's QC is worse than SSC, look at the paint of the IM MK IV and VI, a lot of them is like being scratch by a brush before right afther they finish painting.

You know the scratches are intentional, right? :lol

HT's QC is worse than SSC,

2mc7r4i.jpg

Yes! AH Lara Croft comiquette is probably the best example of what a prototype and a final product should look like! IMO its the best example of perfection....Hulk PF comes 2nd.

The Venom comiquette, most of them came out great since it is such a simple piece to paint, same with the Hulk premium format.

What if CAT really spelt DOG?

OGRE!

Back on topic...

I just bought my first statue from SS which is a Sabretooth PF ex and it had 3 discolorations on his pants, so I sent it back for a replacement...

So far batting 1000.

Sorry guys, you missed the bus by about 5-6 years when nearly every single piece was perfection.

Personally, I like the new direction with NRD's but smaller ES's. Hopefully with less, quality will return to what it once was. Recently, it's been a gamble

Sorry guys, you missed the bus by about 5-6 years when nearly every single piece was perfection.

Personally, I like the new direction with NRD's but smaller ES's. Hopefully with less, quality will return to what it once was. Recently, it's been a gamble

I agree, NRD and smaller ES are the way to go. If SS really wanted to decrease it's warehouse footprint tho', they should do 1/4 scale comiquettes.

You've nailed that right. Most of my PFs from years past are close to flawless. My Hulk PF and Universal Monster PFs have no issues (those were the days of lower ES' too). In contrast, almost every PF I've picked up in the last couple years pretty much had something wrong with it.

There is no way that this is true. I used to collect Hot Toys but have since moved on to Sideshow Statues. Hot Toys' paint job blows Sideshow's away...no joke.

As for the topic....I don't have a single flawless statue. There are slight imperfections here and there but nothing I can't live with.

Back