Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock (PS3, PSVita, PC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping for an Uncharted style game. Uncharted in space.

I'm really hoping for more space themes than time themes, as the show always aims for time-travel but not as much space-travel.

I don't know about you guys, but I spent most of the game with the adventure and story. I had rather short shooty parts which left a lot less of an impression than the story. :dunno

I can somehow see this working if it's done Mass Effect style, with different decision options available that will effect the gameplay. Like, if the Doctor gives an alien race the choice to flee, start peaceful negotiations, or fight, things could stay nice and pretty or we could see a planet explode. :rotfl

I wouldn't expect anything too great, I mean the developer's most notable item in their portfolio is a couple level packs for Little Big Planet.

I bet it will be one of those crappy point and click games. Like click on the lamp and it turns on. Click on the piece of paper on the night stand and read the note. Click on the staircase to go down stairs. BORING.

I bet it will be one of those crappy point and click games. Like click on the lamp and it turns on. Click on the piece of paper on the night stand and read the note. Click on the staircase to go down stairs. BORING.

Hey now, those games are awesome!

Regardless of personal opinion, I too believe that it would be an adventure game. If I am not mistaken, the previous Doctor Who games were like that. Also, adventure games are popular in Europe, though they are making a comeback in the US - The new Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, and the Walking Dead games are adventure games.

Adventure games have changed since the days of pointing and clicking. Now they are more like walking with the D-pad and pressing an action button if the player is near an object that he/she can manipulate or examine.

The genre fits perfectly with Doctor Who - the modern series is mostly about the doctor talking to people, examining his surroundings, and using items (mostly his holographic paper and screw driver) to get around.

I can't think of any other genre that would be faithful to Doctor Who.

Sure a 2D action game of the Doctor running around and "devactivating" Cyber-men with his screw driver would work, but that sort of creativity seems dated.

Point and click games are often done good.

Buy BTTF's series, or SafeCracker. Or the Doctor Who game for DS. All splendid.

Point and click games are often done good.

Buy BTTF's series, or SafeCracker. Or the Doctor Who game for DS. All splendid.

100% agree on those games. If done correctly, point and click games can be fantastic. But you missed the best one....DAY OF THE TENTACLE !!!!!

eternityclock.jpg

eternityclockdalek.jpeg

eternityclocksilence.jpeg

Back