Doctor Doom was a great investment !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Doctor Doom was a great investiment !!!

Wow! Thats a seriously good investment.

Why didn't I think of that?.... :)

The funny thing is that its gone for much more. The Doom PF has hit $2,000 and I believe slightly higher not too long ago. Why this is not in the MARVEL section is the real headscratcher.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://www.vaiside.info/vaiside/client/pages/4077/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.vaiside.info/vaiside/client/pages/4077/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>Going now on eBay for 4 times the original price.:banghead

That definitely appreciated in value...

I cancelled this item, cuz I didn't have the money at the time. . . or at least couldn't rationalize spending $330 on it, or whatever it was back then.

EPIC :banghead

I will move this to the Marvel section

TBH this Auction is a low one for an Exclusive. they usually go for at least $1500+ and has been mentioned up to $2000.
I'm sure once summer is over and the money situation gets a little better, it will again.
All said, a very good investment.
x :peace

I cancelled this item, cuz I didn't have the money at the time. . . or at least couldn't rationalize spending $330 on it, or whatever it was back then.

EPIC :banghead

I'm in the same boat..... Ill never forgive myself. I had the opportunity on SEVERAL occasions to buy this at the Marvel store in Islands of Adventure and I passed....... An now it's my dream piece :(

And I still can't believe that I couldn't even sell my Indiana Jones PF ex practically at cost, but yet this STILL sells for insane prices with the crappy economy! :mad:

yeap !! an investment to curve other collectors skin !!! come on guys ..do you really think that a collectible statue worth these money ? This 4 - 5 times up from the retail. It`s a great piece for sure but not for that range of money ..

yeap !! an investment to curve other collectors skin !!! come on guys ..do you really think that a collectible statue worth these money ? This 4 - 5 times up from the retail. It`s a great piece for sure but not for that range of money ..

It all depends....

:D from what type of knife the seller will use ...:confused:

really its a great piece ! congrats to all the owners out there who bought this piece for a retail price and they still have it ! :gun

Lord Maul::maul lol..I agree with you, but then again some art is worth ,millions. I mean is everything Picasso, Dali truly worth what it sells for!?
Seriously, watch antiques Road show, there was a woman who bought a painting of some landscape and it was worth 75k!!!! Another one bought something at a flea market and it was worth 170k!!! and it looked like some one from an intermediate collegiate art course rendered it! So,it is all what anyone is willing to pay for it. Personally, IMHO, it is worth 3-4 times as much, just look @ the amount of talented work and craftmanship that has gone into it.:horror

I will move this to the Marvel section

TBH this Auction is a low one for an Exclusive. they usually go for at least $1500+ and has been mentioned up to $2000.
I'm sure once summer is over and the money situation gets a little better, it will again.
All said, a very good investment.
x :peace

The auction isn't over yet.... Go DOOM Go DOOM, it's ya birthday!

Lord Maul::maul lol..I agree with you, but then again some art is worth ,millions. I mean is everything Picasso, Dali truly worth what it sells for!?
Seriously, watch antiques Road show, there was a woman who bought a painting of some landscape and it was worth 75k!!!! Another one bought something at a flea market and it was worth 170k!!! and it looked like some one from an intermediate collegiate art course rendered it! So,it is all what anyone is willing to pay for it. Personally, IMHO, it is worth 3-4 times as much, just look @ the amount of talented work and craftmanship that has gone into it.:horror

it`s all about art ...:D , really i want to buy one day a Doom P.F. who wouldn`t ? but it`s very unlikely at this price range ..

It depends who you ask. All Collections have Non Negotiable pieces that are mandiatory to complete a collection. Vintage Star Wars for example has their mailaway Boba Fetts or Early Bird Special figures with DT Lightsabers or let's not forget the Vinyl Jawa. The Doom PF amongst all other pieces of Sideshow's offerings has always had that kind of clout, even when lists of "Marvel Grails" are listed and the top three interchanged with X-Men vs Sentinel 1 or the Grey Hulk or Iron Man Exclusive Comiquette, Doom always makes an appearance.

I paid about $1200 for mine when everything was said and done and knowing I could turn around and sell it and still garner a profit does make it a good investiment but the overall look, weight and feel of it makes it a needed part of all collections and would be one of the last pieces I'd ever sell.

Back