Do you use Light-Up Features or would you prefer the collectible without?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you prefer...

• Only used them a few times, mostly when handling but like them being there

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • Use them all the time and love them

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Only used them a few times, mostly when handling, would prefer without, if it was cheaper

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Never use them more than once i first open the collectible, would be better without

Votes: 17 21.8%

• Total voters

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Was looking at my collectibles and saw my HT Iron Man and thought to myself "i haven't used the light in so long, i don't really use them to be honest"

So that got me thinking on how often other collectors use light-up features.

The only one i really plan on using is my Cyborg Darth Maul PF which is very good and i'm gonna try and wire the plug up my cabinet.

As far as figures go i've got the Iron Man lights, T600 eyes & Astro Boy, i think the reason i don't use them is cos it's the hassle of pressing the buttons on and off and on and off each dat and buying new batteries and so on is just too much effort.

The figures would likely be abit cheaper without the lights, i think i'd prefer them without it they were cheaper as although they are cool i just don't use them frankly.

You guys use them?

Once you take out the batteries to prevent them from leaking in your HT, I see very little incentive to put them back in..but knowing that it's available is nice.

I turn on mine once & a while just so nothing goes bad from sitting there unused

I do not believe that using an electrical device more will prevent corrosion on the contacts or any other deterioration. The only thing it does as best I know is burn out the bulbs faster and deplete the batteries. If you want to do something to prevent damage, remove the batteries to prevent them from leaking acid and dissolving the contacts away, and possibly damaging the battery compartment.

Something like Iron Man or a Terminator endoskeleton has to have light up features. T-800s eyes and Iron Man's ARC reactor and thrusters etc are pretty integral to their visual appeal. No I wouldn't leave them on and I would only use them occasionally during handling but I very much like that they are there.

I pop out all the batteries the day I get the figure.

I almost had a T3 bust ruined by a battery leak so I don't want to take that risk plus I don't care for the feature it's self.

Something like Iron Man or a Terminator endoskeleton has to have light up features. T-800s eyes and Iron Man's ARC reactor and thrusters etc are pretty integral to their visual appeal. No I wouldn't leave them on and I would only use them occasionally during handling but I very much like that they are there.

Yep, tested the lights then took the batteries out on opening the set. Don't use the lights, maybe never will outside of the odd photo shoot - but if they weren't there I'd feel cheated.

T-600 is a pain as the light switch is on the back under the minigun bakpack. I have to use a butter knife, slide it between the figure and backpack and press the switch down.

What a palava :lol

I like having them... but again rarely use the feature. Its usually something I show guests when they are looking at the collection; versus something that is on.

:exactly:

That said - here's hoping for a new HT T-800 Endo - I don't have one yet!! :lecture :lol

I'm probably alone in this but I would use them a LOT more if there were a way to plug them into household current....I have a lot of old advertising stuff that lights up in my display room with the touch of a button...would love to have iron man etc light up the same way. Also hate dealing with batteries. If you only turn it on every couple weeks for a second or two, they might as well not bother. iMO of course.

I'm probably alone in this but I would use them a LOT more if there were a way to plug them into household current....I have a lot of old advertising stuff that lights up in my display room with the touch of a button...would love to have iron man etc light up the same way. Also hate dealing with batteries. If you only turn it on every couple weeks for a second or two, they might as well not bother. iMO of course.

That is a great idea. There should be an ac adapter plug in the base. Perhaps a small plug for the plug to hide it if you don't want to use it. That way you could turn your whole collection on and off with one switch.

I don't care much about the light-up features, but if the exclusive of a statue has light-up and it's almost the same price compared to the regular... then i'll go for it.

If it was a lot more, then it's an easy pass.

It's a feature that is nice to have but for me not overall necessary. I wouldn't mind if it were forgone to save money but usually that isn't the case.

Well, you have to have light up features on the Iron Man pieces, vehicles and anything robotic or machine based, there's no getting around that. For human characters without machine equiptment, it's not needed, unless it's a figure like Superman(should have been) or Albert Wesker with light up eye features.

Back