Do you think hot toys will try and get the Avatar license ?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
If they haven't already of course. They have made figures from past Cameron movies and I'm sure hot toys know this looks to be very sucessful. I was going to ask if you would buy Avatar figures but its a little early to be asking ourselves wheter we want figures from a movie we haven't seen.... so my question is the one in the title.
Do you think they might make figures ?.

I think they could do some cool stuff based on the character designs we've seen. The AMP suit would be bad ass if they could pull it off and I'm sure they could.

if they do get the license, the only things i'd be interested in are the vehicles---eg: AMP suit, copters, etc.

It'd be an obvious choice for HT. They have such a big hard-on for Cameron's films, it'd be odd for them not to.

1. It's a Cameron film
2. It's sci-fi
3. It looks like it has big nerd draw.
4. It has a very distinct aesthetic and design, ranging from the characters to the beasts to the mechs.

The only thing standing against it is international appeal. Who knows until the movie actually comes out.

4 posts in an hour and a half tells you all you need to know about the anticipation.

If this thread had the word 'Joker' in it, we'd have 30 pages already.

I have no idea what I'm likely to think of the film so I couldn't say if I'll want toys from it.

However without having seen it in its 3D I think it just looks like a computer game and I've never been interested in owning toys from computer games. A preliminary NO from me. And even if I end up loving the film I'll probably have to say no with licenses that are more important to me getting my money.

I definitely hope so!!! :rock

Although I haven't seen the movie yet (obviously :D), I do think the designs look very good and at this point I would seriously consider buying Jake (Na'vi) and Neytiri figures.

So, I really hope they will try to get that license, or better yet have the license. :D :rock

I look forward to the possibility of HT acquiring this license even though I haven't seen the movie. Call me an optimist -- there seems to be a sense of apathy toward this film from a lot of people. On the ladder of potential HT license announcements, there is no way this should be less desirable than, say, The Spirit or Mars Attacks.

I would wait to see if the movie is any good first.

Kinda like how I don't see why people forked over $1200 for those AMP suits offered by Sideshow from a movie none of them have seen lol.

Well Hot Toys made figures from The Spirit... so its not always about what's good or popular :lol

i dam well hope so, as long as the movie is good (which it looks like it will be)

Back