Do You Text?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a fan of texting really. It just seems very impersonal and I would rather hear the other person's voice.

i text whenever i need to say something quick - without needing a response - or not having time for a conversation. plus, when i was in india, i was texting back home a lot - simply because of how much cheaper it is. - but for the most part, talking is preferable. also, when i'm bored in meetings at work, texting is great! haha

I only have a cell phone because my company wanted me to have one; so they pay for it and I don't give out the number to very many people. About the only time I really use it is SDCC...

...so the answer would be, no, I don't text.

Because I had to be on call-out for emergencies I had a Government mobile years ago when they first came out and were the size of an Ikea pallet. The end result is that I associate this technology with constant intrusion into my life.

I never purchased a mobile until last year and I hate it. I have never sent a mobile text message and never will.

As an academic I go thermonuclear when I get e-mails from my students written in "text speak", or find students sitting in lectures tapping away like rats in a Skinner box. I now start the semester telling all my students that my conditioned response to ringtones in lectures is to grab the phone and throw it out of the window.It works wonders.

I never initiate mobile texting, but I have replied to 2. Actually, in both cases, texting worked better, 1st time the conection was horrible and only 1 of us could hear the other; 2nd time we were at Del Mar (horse track where the turf meets the surf) and it was too loud to hear somebody speaking on the phone.

I text. But I spell out my words. Takes longer, but I dont feel dumb after doing it. Never will text in school, or in a movie theater. That ^^^^ sickens me.

Because I had to be on call-out for emergencies I had a Government mobile years ago when they first came out and were the size of an Ikea pallet. The end result is that I associate this technology with constant intrusion into my life.

I never purchased a mobile until last year and I hate it. I have never sent a mobile text message and never will.

As an academic I go thermonuclear when I get e-mails from my students written in "text speak", or find students sitting in lectures tapping away like rats in a Skinner box. I now start the semester telling all my students that my conditioned response to ringtones in lectures is to grab the phone and throw it out of the window.It works wonders.

HAHAHA! Thats awesome. I think i've only TXTEde in class just once. I dont get it either....

I text a lot since it's unlimited and I only have 450 minutes of talk time per month with my current plan (although free if mobile to mobile).

With test msg, i won't need to commit reply in the very instance compared to a phone call. But sometimes the text can be misunderstood as the other end do not grasp the tone & manner - voice.

I hated texting - but now that I'm in a long distance relationship - I find myself doing it more frequently. It's convienent when I'm at work and just want to say hi or that I'm thinking of you but don't have the time to chat. I bought a new phone that has an awesome QWERTY keyboard that makes it much easier. I've never been a big phone talker either, but that has also changed. :lol :lol

Yep Bodie, you are as old as dirt. :lol :lol :lol If it weren't for a certain someone, I don't think I would be texting either. :lol

I text all the time since I spend most of my time in class, work, and library. Out side those places, I call.

I hate cell phones. I consider having one to be an invasion of my privacy, so I don't have one. It's only a matter of time till they phase out landlines. Then I'll just H8.

Back