Do you rotate your figures or you try to display all of them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it makes you feel any better I live at home and had to ask before I bought my detolf :lol

:lol Nice, but I'm still envious. I figure when one of my kids leave the house for school or whatever, I'll finally have my space. Course by then my stuff will have all fallen apart or something :slap

I tried rotating them but I realized that when I'd try redisplaying something, I wouldn't feel as strongly about it anymore. Like the excitement of having it on display would wear off during the time it would spend in the attic. It either fits in my limited display space or it gets sold, with maybe one or two exceptions.

I now only keep stuff I'm absolutely over the moon now. Grails (personal or otherwise) only.

I wish I had your willpower!

I currently have about 80 HT figs & 60 other 1/6 figs. My only real concern is the floorboards giving way.
giphy.gif

:lol

That's a lot of Hot Toys....jealous, I am.

I started collecting earlier this year. I have 6 detolfs now and running out of space. I would hate to put any figures into boxes. They all need to be displayed. I'm considering ordering some cabinets from Displays2go. Does anyone have any experience with these or know of cheaper alternatives besides Detolfs?

Thanks so much for posting this link...the 24" cabinet is something that I've been looking for.

That price tag though :slap

Yeah, that display cab is nice but I can't see spending that much. That's 10 detolfs. Of five and a new hot toy. Or hulkbuster and a detolf. You may want to look into the billy book case with doors. They are a little larger then average book cases but come with optional doors that function like a display cab.

There are a lot of options with the billy book case. It's an ikea project, btw. They come out with new door styles all the time.

Few pics

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I recently had a custom wall built and already ran out of shelf space. The majority of us own Detolfs and for the price IMO it can't be beat. This is an addicting hobby and sooner or later we all run out of space, unless of course your rich and can buy a mansion to store your collection. When I hit the lottery its free Detolfs for everybody.

My custom wall
image.jpg

Those bookcases do look good, Motux. Especially in the first pic. But the wood just doesn't do it for me. I'm sure those are great options in terms of price and amount of space they provide. But I just want something better, even if it means paying top price.

The 24" Display case from display2go is perfect for me. I have a relatively small collection (8 figures) most likely will always keep it under 12. The look to the case will add even more of a high end feel to these amazing figures. Collecting isn't only about the collectibles, but it's also about presentation as well. When I see cluttered cabinet shelves or side paneling, I feel like it takes away from the figures.

The displays to go cases uses the exact same wood. MDF. So if you like the display to go black tops the billy book case comes in exactly the same material. Those are just a few options I posted pics of. They have hundreds of variations.

I always prefer the custom route if budget is not much of a concern. Get to have every inch of space maximized to its fullest potential by just having what you want where you want at what size you want.

I only do so I can dust them. Otherwise seeing them from behind is kinda boring.

I only have 9 HT at the moment and all of them fit comfortably in 1 detolf with room to spare. What I love about the detolf is that it's all glass case, so that you can see what's inside from all angles. Other cases have wood sides or some wood coverings that don't give you the same view points.

Back