Do you guys think these busts are legit...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to his selling history, he's SOLD 8 (yes, eight, ocho, 7+1, 9-1, EIGHT) X-Men Vs. Sentinel #1 Diorama Exclusives within the past 5 months. And those aren't the only multiple SSC "grails" he's sold. Other noteworthy entries include THREE 1:1 SSC Arnold 1:1s, TWO SSC Venom 1:1s, TWO SSC/Weta Balrogs, and a partridge in a pear tree.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

I asked Dennis and another Sideshow rep about these specific pieces and even provided links to the auctions. They confirmed that they are indeed legitimate/genuine Sideshow pieces.

They also said that in all likelihood this guy is/was some sort of Sideshow distributor who took a gamble and sat on this stuff. According to them, these most likely are not factory seconds or recasts.

I have actually bought a piece from this guy before as well. Didnt have any issues, he responded to all my emails prior to me making the purchase. I dont how this guy got so many high end pieces, but i didnt have an issue with the deal.

Look at C-Comics on ebay... He had like 6-7 retro Spiderman PFs and no one made a peep.

I think the connection to China tends to raise some red flags, but this guy's stuff seems legit.

Don't trust jbinny :lecture

Good call, Ski. :lecture

I can't trust people who's user names end in a "y."

That's arguably the "shadiest" letter in the alphabet as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes it's a vowel. Sometimes it's not. Make up your mind. If that doesn't scream, "Don't trust me!!!" than I don't know what does.

If it was just "Jbinn," I'd be fine, but then he throws that "y" in there and totally breaks my trust. I'd highly recommend a user-name change at this point, Jbinn. (I refuse to add the "y" anymore.)

:D

I asked Dennis and another Sideshow rep about these specific pieces and even provided links to the auctions. They confirmed that they are indeed legitimate/genuine Sideshow pieces.

They also said that in all likelihood this guy is/was some sort of Sideshow distributor who took a gamble and sat on this stuff. According to them, these most likely are not factory seconds or recasts.

I'm gonna call BS. Did you see this?:
According to his selling history, he's SOLD 8 (yes, eight, ocho, 7+1, 9-1, EIGHT) X-Men Vs. Sentinel #1 Diorama Exclusives within the past 5 months. And those aren't the only multiple SSC "grails" he's sold. Other noteworthy entries include THREE 1:1 SSC Arnold 1:1s, TWO SSC Venom 1:1s, TWO SSC/Weta Balrogs, and a partridge in a pear tree. (Oh, and the Balrogs were both APs no less...of course, APs or bust, right?)

So, my guess is no. Something isn't right. Felmar, stay away, my friend. :lecture

I'd respect the need to "CYA," but how do you explain that? :huh:lol

Good call, Ski. :lecture

I can't trust people who's user names end in a "y."

That's arguably the "shadiest" letter in the alphabet as far as I'm concerned. Sometimes it's a vowel. Sometimes it's not. Make up your mind. If that doesn't scream, "Don't trust me!!!" than I don't know what does.

If it was just "Jbinn," I'd be fine, but then he throws that "y" in there and totally breaks my trust. I'd highly recommend a user-name change at this point, Jbinn. (I refuse to add the "y" anymore.)

:D

"You Bastard!"

signed: ComputerFl

Posting numbers and actual product photos would go a long way in proving these are real, but he doesn't do that. :dunno

IDK The guy is pretty adamant about:

I do not like fakes. I do not collection fake . I do not sell fakes. I despise fake! ! This is 100% of the regular Statue! !

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you read. If I was selling recasts for top dollar, I'd have that ____ pasted all over my auctions too. :huh

If this crap doesnt stop--Sideshow products are going to be a hard sell on the secondary market. No one is going to be willing to shuck out high secondary market prices for items that could be counterfeits.:cuckoo:

why would u even think its a recast? A lot of you guys need to stop looking where they are coming from and start looking at the product itself. Some of you guys forget that there are more than 100 in the world cause the they HAD a wharehouse for the International folks.

Hey genius. What product?! Did you bother to check the link and the other auctions he has? He never shows any pics of the product he has, just stock Sideshow photos. Additionally, he sold 8 Sideshow Exclusive X-Men vs. Sentinel #1 dioramas. It's not a matter of where it's coming from, it's a matter of what he's selling, the lack of pics, and the sheer quantity he apparently has of rare grails. Back to the A&R boards with ya, where you at least have a clue! :wave:nana:

Back