Do the ringed hands on "City Of" Angel bother anyone else?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping we get him before the end of June.
As far as the ringed hands, there'll be enough 'generic' hands to go around once the SW figs start showing up en masse.

I don't really mind the rings hands too much....if I buy him, I'll only be buying him for the headsculpt anyway.

And am I the only one who feels that this Angel represents Angel in "Becoming" better than the first Angel figure does? It's the thinner face sculpt & the smirk, I think.

Josette said:
I don't really mind the rings hands too much....if I buy him, I'll only be buying him for the headsculpt anyway.

And am I the only one who feels that this Angel represents Angel in "Becoming" better than the first Angel figure does? It's the thinner face sculpt & the smirk, I think.

No, you're not the only one. I also thought that too when I saw it for the first time and I've heard other people comment on it too. Angelus was alway smirking which wasn't something we've seen from Angel that much.

willow has the green ring that buffy has on,
the first angel as amazing rings

i dont no if i want the new angel as the first one is ok also.

Josette said:
Yeah, the first Angel figure looks like Boreananz in season 4 and 5 of Angel, the "City Of" Angel looks more like he did in his Buffy days.

I'm probably going to switch out their coats and accessories and display "City Of" with my Buffy figures and use the Buffy Angel for my Angel display.

I just watched the episode "City Of." He is wearing the rings, so technically it is accurate.
I never really got into Angel, I think I missed the first few eps when it originally aired so I just punched out, saw a few eps here and there. TNT is showing them now at 7am EST, the pilot (city of) was on last Wednesday, and they seem to be airing in order, so I have been TIVOing them.
Spikes little monologue in the beginning of Ep 3 was hilarious.
Quick, to the Angelmobile! :lol

Darth Rage said:
I just watched the episode "City Of." He is wearing the rings, so technically it is accurate.
He's wearing a single band on each hand at the beginning of the episode, and after the title credits is ringless. I'm 99.9% positive he never wore his "Buffy" rings on his own series.

Before anyone points it out, I realize I'm being a bit anal about this ring issue. :monkey4

Now I'm thinking the rings are part of the arm-stake rigs. You know, kinda like the palm button for Spider-man's web-shooters.

And I'm real bummed about the delay. No Angel OR Obi-Wan til after July? Grrrr...

Just wondering if there's any specific significance of the rings? Are they symbols of his relationship with Buffy which he relinquished after leaving Sunnydale?

As someone mentioned above, could always swap the hands...

Anyone think of 'converting' Angel into Special Agent Seely Booth of the Bones series? Boreanaz in non-black clothes... :cool:

TheObsoleteMan said:
He's wearing a single band on each hand at the beginning of the episode, and after the title credits is ringless. I'm 99.9% positive he never wore his "Buffy" rings on his own series.

Before anyone points it out, I realize I'm being a bit anal about this ring issue. :monkey4

I noticed he was wearing them when he was sitting in the bar in the beginning of the episode and didn't really pay attention after that since I saw them on.
swiftlikessharpthings I think you may be onto something with them being part of the wrist stake rigging.

Darth Rage said:
I never really got into Angel, I think I missed the first few eps when it originally aired so I just punched out, saw a few eps here and there. TNT is showing them now at 7am EST, the pilot (city of) was on last Wednesday, and they seem to be airing in order, so I have been TIVOing them.
Spikes little monologue in the beginning of Ep 3 was hilarious.
Quick, to the Angelmobile! :lol
Yeah they are all in order. I've been watching them on my DVR since about season 2 and just watched the last episode last night (great series ending). I'm now definitely hooked, too bad they only had five seasons. I would really like to revisit the universe again.

A couple words of warning, don't watch the shows out of sequence, and watch every episode. There are major story arcs that go through multiple seasons with huge spoiling revelations.

Did anyone notice that although Angel's hands don't have the rings on them anymore, the box art images are of Angel with the rings.

Darth Rage said:
swiftlikessharpthings I think you may be onto something with them being part of the wrist stake rigging.

Yes, the rings are part of the wrist stake rig, connected to the actuating mechanism. That's why, in Angel S5, Spike wears those rings when he uses the wrist stakes. Not having rings while using the wrist stakes is therefore inaccurate for a figure and would've been impossible during show production.

SergeiEsenin said:
...Not having rings while using the wrist stakes is therefore inaccurate for a figure and would've been impossible during show production.

Well then it's a good thing I removed the wrist stakes from my figure making it more accurate. :)

Fritz said:
Did anyone notice that although Angel's hands don't have the rings on them anymore, the box art images are of Angel with the rings.

Just noticed this post. Box art is done using the prototypes, as the design has to be complete before the production run begins. :duff

SideshowDusty said:
Just noticed this post. Box art is done using the prototypes, as the design has to be complete before the production run begins. :duff

Well since I'm at work right now and don't have the time to write up an elaborate rant about how terrible Sideshow is and how I'm never buying another figure because of this oversight, I guess I'll just display the figure nicely and keep quiet. :lol

And just so you know how smart I am, I already knew that. :p ;)

Back