• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

DO NOT buy from showcasecomicsandstatues. They are scammers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Realistically I don't see you getting any money back.
The One thing I tell Everyone that orders from Ebay in the Beginning is NEVER Pre-Order!
Even if that Seller didn't close his account, once that Deadline for Complaints closes.
Ebay will do Nothing! Neither will Paypal.
I'm in the US and ordered from a UK Seller on Ebay once.
He made excuses for like two to three weeks on why the Item hadn't shipped yet.
Then he claimed to finally have mailed it. Even gave a Tracking Number that ended up going nowhere.
Tracking Numbers from other countries sometimes don't show till they Actually reach the US.
So, couldn't verify it or not during that time.
So, after another few weeks of nothing. The Deadline for complaints ended.
Seller stopped responding. Tried to THEN File a complaint to Ebay and Paypal.
Both stated Nothing they could do!
Seller just got a Negative Feedback and I was out like Two Grand.
Bottom line is Don't Pre-Order and Don't let the Seller distract you with False Promises.
He is just biding his time till the Complaint Deadline Passes.
Now Any situation like that happens, I file the Complaint before the Deadline passes and if the Item then arrives, I can always close the Complaint.
Takes a Hard lesson to learn sometimes.

This is what I have been telling my customers for years! Don't pre-order ANYTHING on ebay OR through any private party. The guy earlier said it right. Find a legit retailer AKA Sideshow Collectibles authorized partner retailer to pre-order from. You may pay a little more but your odds are far better and safer. We are ( Superbad Action Figures ) a SS partner and SS checks up on its retailers in an issue that comes there way from any customer complaint. The retailer has everything to loose if they don't play fair.

On a side note: Any ebay seller that is using images used with out the permission of SSC which are property of SSC can have there auctions pulled and transaction canceled by ebay. Also if repeat offender they can have there accounts shut down by ebay. All authorized dealers have SSC permission to use their products images when being accepted as an authorized dealer by SSC upon dealer contract with them. Ebay auctions getting pulled and accounts getting closed are going to start being more common in the future with so many people wanting to cash in on the Hot Toys wave. Private parties, Retailers that are not authorized, swapmeet dealers,Craigs list sellers, ect are all on ebay selling every day. I would not be surprised if this was not a case of that happening. Guys that sell off a few figures here and there is likely not the problem. Its people taking pre-orders for SSC products that are not approved by SSC is what is......be careful out there.

On a side note: Any ebay seller that is using images used with out the permission of SSC which are property of SSC can have there auctions pulled and transaction canceled by ebay. Also if repeat offender they can have there accounts shut down by ebay.
Ebay really don't care. They don't even pull obvious recasts anymore.
As long as they get their 10% seems to be priotity.

A bunch of people got burned years ago on another forum by a guy selling Bowen PO's. Disappeared one day with most everybody's money and no statues were ever seen

Just to chime in..like everyone else stated, never ever preorder thru eBay. It's technically a violation of the sales rule for them to be listed if they can't guarantee shipment within 30 days and delivery within 45. You have 45 days to file a complaint. And the initial complaint with paypal if resolved without paypal intervention(ie a refund issued by seller or shipment arrives) it does not negatively affect the seller so don't hesitate to open a claim to make sure you are covered. If the seller has an issue they should have fixed it before then.

I never understood why someone would order thru eBay for a presale, especially since the price is the same. (Or very close) especially if you are in North America. Sideshow is the supplier/distributor for North America, so just about every retail hot toys figure in North America is from sideshow.

Just to respond to the comment that eBay doesn't care? One such seller just got his auctions canceled and removed from the site for using images with permission by the manufacture. It is a property issue. Like I said this will be happening more and more when the property owner pressures ebay with a cease and desists. eBay has huge financial issues these days and to many laws suits are adding up not to mention sellers jumping ship. They just released an announcement they will not tolerate using of images unlawfully. This isn't going to clear up over night but it's on the horizon now.

Got a message from Showcasecomicsand statue
from David Magestro

"""
Hello,

Thank you for your message, if you have opened a case through ebay then most likely you are already receiving a refund for the item. However if you have not then you will receive your item. We are currently looking at all the orders and cases to see which are being refunded and which are receiving their items still. Let us know what you have done. If you would like your item and have opened a case we suggest you close the case and confirm you would still like the order in which you placed through us. Again, we did not intentionally close our ebay account we were kicked off by ebay due to pre-order policies and competition.

Show message history""""

I am gonna attempt to get the money back directly from him

Back