dls712's - 1/6 Scale Displays - Star Wars & Others

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all for the comments. Yes, this will be a big one, but I'm actually less nervous about the outcome of these larger projects. What freaks me out a lot more is the prospect of putting together a custom figure and trying to make it look as good as so many of the customizers on this board. My biggest concern with this current project is trying to work in the petrified tree spires. Hope I can work those in.

Cagoda - thanks for the offer of reference photos. I think I'm good with what I have, but if I need more I'll reach out to you! I'm also hoping to get back down there again soon... the new Rise of the Resistance ride opened up this week... want to get back to check that one out!

Update on the Galaxy's Edge / Black Spire Outpost Project.

Basic structures are complete, but need a ton of finishing. The smaller tower on the left has a staircase spiraling up the side. The one on the right is 50+ inches tall, and is capped with a dome made out of a child's saucer sled like the one Chevy Chase used in the Christmas Vacation movie.

The bridge is roughed in. The "petrified wood" spires are in the early stages. Still need a lot of refinement.

I wanted to get all of the above set pieces in place before moving too far forward. Wanted to make sure I liked how they were going to fit together before doing any finishing work on any one component. Also wanted to get the basic lighting figured out for the spires. The ones @ Disney are lit up at night with blue lights. Wanted to try to accomplish a similar look on my dio. I like how it is looking so far. Cell phone photo shows the spire lights looking more purple than in person.

Next up is making all of the styrofoam rockwork that will frame-up/back-up the towers, and will anchor the spires.

1/6 Scale Clone Trooper and Biker Scout are in the photo to show size.

4_BSO - Spires Light Test.jpg

This is too cool! I?d love to see how you do each part, this build is gonna be epic. Your lighting and the spires look so good thus far!

Back