Disturbing...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imthebestatwhatido

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have been searching ebay for a long sold out wolverine comiquette and noticed something strange... people are asking for an arm and leg for the wolverine premium format. A quick scan showed the lowest selling PF by a US seller was $775.00... An exclusive was in the range of $1,500.00. This is disturbing to me considering I bought mine for $250.00 in feb. Are sellers just seeing how much the Capt. America, Thor and Hulk PF's are selling for and are just assuming Wolverine is as popular if not more so then those characters? I know that as a seller you can ask whatever you want for your items and it is up to the consumer to set the market. I was just curious to see what you guys and gals thought of this trend.

A seller can ask whatever price they want for something. Doesn't mean that is what it will sell at. It's not a trend, it has and will be that way forever with anything.

It's not that popular. There are shill bidders trying to jack up his price right now, apparently, since fewer and fewer of these are appearing on eBay. This is just stupid:

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Wolve...494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb7953bee

https://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Exclu...564?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e7952be4

I do think the statue will go up in price because it's awesome and probably the most popular Marvel character around. But, no one is actually gonna pay more than $400 or so for him right now, I don't reckon. Maybe $500 for the Ex. on a really good day.

I guess my point is that a couple of months ago it seemed that the wolverine premium format was selling for the retail price it originally came out for. I have only been collecting sideshow since I bought wolverine. Mostly wondering if this is normal for sideshow products. if it is the case I guess I shouldn't wait around if I am even mildly interested in something.

Its just like the Thor PF's out there, some people have theirs MARKED $1k-$1500, but the only ones that seem to be moving are the non-exclusives that get listed in the $500-$600 range.

I have been searching ebay for a long sold out wolverine comiquette and noticed something strange... people are asking for an arm and leg for the wolverine premium format. A quick scan showed the lowest selling PF by a US seller was $775.00... An exclusive was in the range of $1,500.00. This is disturbing to me considering I bought mine for $250.00 in feb. Are sellers just seeing how much the Capt. America, Thor and Hulk PF's are selling for and are just assuming Wolverine is as popular if not more so then those characters? I know that as a seller you can ask whatever you want for your items and it is up to the consumer to set the market. I was just curious to see what you guys and gals thought of this trend.

I wouldn't let it discourage you. eBay sellers may try to warp the market, but the deals will always be there. You just need to wait for the right moment. Sometimes you pay more than retail. Other times, you luck out.

I don't think the last few Wolverine sales are representative of it's current overall market value. I think that piece has got a long ways to go.

And the madness continues

I'm tempted to sell mine, that could cover all my PF's preorders

Not that I don't believe these high-dollar sales, but the last two were from the same seller. And he re-listed a third. So either he/she had three, and sold two already, or this seller has relisted three times.

And none of the big three sellers have received feedback for their "sales."

You should have read the Wolverine PF thread since this discussion has already been taking place there.

Not that I don't believe these high-dollar sales, but the last two were from the same seller. And he re-listed a third. So either he/she had three, and sold two already, or this seller has relisted three times.

And none of the big three sellers have received feedback for their "sales."
I don't believe these high dollar sales :lecture :lol
x :wave

I've been looking for the PF since I'd cancelled it and Sabertooth. It's nowhere to be found for anywhere near retail and hasn't been for a while.

You can have my exclusive for $1500 dave. im willing to help you out. :wave

Back