• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Display Pedestals are on sale right now! 70% off!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gruson, thanks for the awesome deal! Could you show us pics of your stuff on them?

yeah, I will take some pics later, after my boys go to sleep.

When you order the acrylic tops from casesforcollectibles, they come with a black bottom with a ridge so it is secure...does that make sense?

However, I do not use the acrylic covers anymore, prefer having the statues out now, just sitting on the pedestals. It also takes up a lot less room.

Weird that I got taxed. They must have some distribution here. I'm in NC so its a furniture capital. But the site says they're in Hazelwood, MO.

You're right... NC sounds like a prime location to be taxed. Maybe they ship from there. In that case, you'll get it in no time!

They are only supposed to tax if they have a retail location in the state. I checked their store locations and zero NC based stores.

Checking on their site I found:
"The law requires us to collect state and local taxes in states where we have a presence. Currently we operate in Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, California, North Carolina, Nevada and New Jersey. We do not collect taxes for orders shipped to other states. Taxes apply to your total order value, including processing and shipping charges."

But I always thought you needed a retail presence, not just a presence.

Hmmm... I dunno. Didn't something happen with amazon lately where now they have to charge tax in NY for similar reasons?

They are only supposed to tax if they have a retail location in the state. I checked their store locations and zero NC based stores.

But I always thought you needed a retail presence, not just a presence.

They are part of the Home Depot family, so if you have a Home Depot near you, you get taxed.

Hmmm... I dunno. Didn't something happen with amazon lately where now they have to charge tax in NY for similar reasons?

Amazon opened up a DC (media I think) in NY recently if I'm not mistaken, so you'll now get taxed for ALL amazon orders, media or not. :D You'll get used to it, I've been taxed at Amazon since day one... :)

Awesome Deal! Just ordered 4 of the 36inchers (the 42s are gone! and 48 is just too tall), with the coupon and my total came out to the price of ONE of the pedestals (before tax & shipping!). :banana:banana:banana

I am real excited for mine to come in. Thanks again for the heads up, Gruson!

Do you think my Wolf Pred bust will fit on one of these? I'm hoping to put the following busts on mine: T-800 Arnold, Wolf Pred, Iron Man, Symbiote Spider-man.

Amazon opened up a DC (media I think) in NY recently if I'm not mistaken, so you'll now get taxed for ALL amazon orders, media or not. :D You'll get used to it, I've been taxed at Amazon since day one... :)

I live in CT, so I haven't been hit yet.
:monkey1

Back