Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ That pretty much means I will ultimately fail at it. LOL

I wish they would just make TOMBO like doors for PAX...

Hi there,

We've just bought an Alien Big Chap Polystone statue with my girlfriend but we don't have any display case at the moment. Do you know if there is an individual display in which the statue fits ?

Hi there,

We've just bought an Alien Big Chap Polystone statue with my girlfriend but we don't have any display case at the moment. Do you know if there is an individual display in which the statue fits ?

You can get a Detolf and take out a shelf and it should fit.

Hi there,

I believe the cheapest way to build a display case for a single piece is to have a cast acrylic 5 sided box (cover) custom made locally and then find either a pedestal or a table that closely matches the dimensions of the box. I found acrylic locally that was almost half priced compared to ordering it online. If it is an Alien life sized bust you could use a coffee table from Ikea with the acrylic cover. My 2 cents.

You can get a Detolf and take out a shelf and it should fit.

That's what i did for the Ivy Premium Format but we can't get another detolf in our (small) flat :/

I believe the cheapest way to build a display case for a single piece is to have a cast acrylic 5 sided box (cover) custom made locally and then find either a pedestal or a table that closely matches the dimensions of the box. I found acrylic locally that was almost half priced compared to ordering it online. If it is an Alien life sized bust you could use a coffee table from Ikea with the acrylic cover. My 2 cents.

I didn't think about that ! I'm gonna think about it.
Here are the dimensions of the statue itself : 16" H (406.4mm) x 7.5" W (190.5mm) x 6.5" L (165.1mm)*

Large glass Cloche (bell jar) - done. ;) The one on the left in this image is 18" x 12"

73937-2.jpg

Prices for those things are all over the place, along with styles, so it might take some searching to find the right fit for wallet and figure. ;)

Large glass Cloche (bell jar) - done. ;) The one on the left in this image is 18" x 12"

73937-2.jpg

Indeed, Great idea. I think i'm gonna do that. Thanks dude !
I was wondering if the Legend Studio Master Light House would be ok ? If not, i'm gonna buy one of those Belly jar :)

I'm currently looking for a reasonable option to house my figures considering my job status is sorta shaky right now and I don't really have over $400 to spend on the acrylic cases I like to buy and I have 4 figures currently sharing two cases and 4 more on the way that need to be housed soon. I don't really have the floor space in my room for a detolf, so I want something I can put up on top of my dresser which is about 35" wide across the top. I was looking around on Ikea and through the forum and a lot of people seem to use the Billy Bookcase.
I was looking at this one: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80279786/#/70263842

I was curious if anyone has that one and can let me know if Ikea sells doors to fit it and of how well it fits their figures. My main worries are my Avengers Loki that I display with the helmet on and then also the Amazing Spider-man 2 figure I want to eventually purchase being too tall for the shelves.
Any help, photos, and suggestions would be amazing.

Cheapest option, and one that shouldn't be overlooked, is flat wooden shelves with $2 shelf supports attached directly to the wall.

Billy does have glass doors available - Morebo and one other model I can't remember the name of right now. You'll have to check the site for the different heights to confirm it will fit your requirements.

So I'm picking up the PAX 78 5/8x22 7/8x93 1/8". What's the best sliding frame doors? I'm going to have some acrylic panels made as suggested.

The doors (used in all the photos at the beginning of this thread) are available without panels, frames and rails only, for $180: https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/40222419/ - just supply your own polycarbonate panels. They're simply called "Pax - Pair of sliding door frames & rail" - the ones with proper names (like Sekken, Uggdal and Auli) include the named panels which you'd be replacing anyway, so don't spend the extra $90-$200 on them.

Last edited:
Back