Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm Ltd.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8c4dcd129b0a524c69284edca97011ac.jpg

Wofford with hair! :lol

I have a feeling Lucas might have the scripts for a new trilogy already done a long time ago, and they might just go with that. Probably the reason why the film is expected in 2015, that's not a thing you do if you aren't sure what story to go with in the first place.

Yeah, I don't look like that.

And I hope your wife wasn't looking over your shoulder! :horror

Disney needs to buy 363 studios/Halo and Bethesda studios,
Only then will "the circle be compete."
With one mouse to rule them all.

Dare we hope for proper OT blu-rays now? :pray:

I can't figure out where folks are making the connection to possibility that Diz getting LFL is going suddenly make getting the "original" versions of the OT available on blu-ray a possibilty....

Are you kidding? This is the company that won't release "South of the South" on blu-ray,DVD or anything else. Disney is just as good at forgetting it's own past when it's convenient or "raping" it's own childhood with legacy-damaging direct to video sequels...

SW OT fans demanding the "originals" aren't going to find any sympathy there...if anything, expect even more hideous cringe-inducing crossovers...

Remember, this little merger makes Leia a Disney Princess now....cringing, yet?

Are you kidding? This is the company that won't release "South of the South" on blu-ray,DVD or anything else. Disney is just as good at forgetting it's own past when it's convenient

"Song of the South" is hardly Disney's "Star Wars." Now if they had buried the original Snow White you'd have an accurate point of comparison. If anything they've been quite the opposite with their home video releases. Starting with Beauty and the Beast they've released multiple versions, theatrical, special edition, even "work in progress" editions which according to Lucas is what the original OT is. So even under that moniker we've got a half decent shot at a proper release.

Yeah, and they did censor the "cut off your ear if they don't like your face" line from Aladdin so maybe you guys have a valid point of concern after all. :lol

Here's how its gonna go with Disney in respect to dvds, "Out of the Hangar Bay one LAST TIME - Star Wars EP1 red lightsaber edition - This decade only!!!!!!!

What crazy news! I'm sure there will be speculation till the cows come home as to what this will mean for everyone around he world including those in charge. The implications we can not even begin to fathom.

It seems from what I've heard that George's right hand woman will be the next CEO and in charge of all decisions Star Wars. So the decisions are not going to far away from the Lucasfilm camp where everyone will still have their jobs. There just won't be Lucas looking over their shoulders.

All the stories that George had ready for 789 are now property as much as the bounty of info from comics, books, games, etc.

I'm hopeful for a fresh start. Hell I'd even take a reboot of the entire franchise but I have a feeling they will keep a lot of the continuity that George had planned if he was going to make them.

Back