Disney Store Park 40th Anniversary Luke and Leia Limited Edition faux Bronze Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yahoo site says this is coming to Disney store. But they say $250! I wonder if they have their info right.
Unfortunately, they did have the right info. It's a beautiful looking piece, but too expensive for a resin figurine of that size. Maybe if it was made of real metal...

I think it's dubious for Disney Store to be charging $95 more than it sold for at the parks. Heck, even the price tag on the online stock photo reads $199.95 US. :nono

I agree, the markup from the price at the park is pretty crazy.

Damn, the Disney Visa card discount doesn't even apply here. I'll wait and see if a deal comes up on the Disney store that it is eligible for at some point.

I'll pass.
It's 14.25" tall which includes the top of the lightsaber. I would guess the figures are about 1/8 in size.

Still debating whether to get it or not. That markup is really hard to accept.

So technically I ended up paying "retail" for it. Thankfully I sold a LOT of stuff on ebay so I had the extra $. For $150 like it was in the parks its a steal but $250 is a tad much. Oh well.... I'm weak.

So, for the first time in all history, buying something at a theme park is CHEAPER than anywhere else? This is the end of times.

I'll pass.
It's 14.25" tall which includes the top of the lightsaber. I would guess the figures are about 1/8 in size.

I took a quick measurement of Luke (just foot to top of head) and he's about 7 inches tall. It really is a nice piece visually, but agree it's probably $50 over-priced. Someone said earlier that the MSRP was $199 and I think that'd be the right price point for it.

I took a quick measurement of Luke (just foot to top of head) and he's about 7 inches tall. It really is a nice piece visually, but agree it's probably $50 over-priced. Someone said earlier that the MSRP was $199 and I think that'd be the right price point for it.

Thank you for the measurement.
So, actually more like 1/9 scale. Yikes!

So, for the first time in all history, buying something at a theme park is CHEAPER than anywhere else? This is the end of times.

Right?! When at DLR, I always nag about how I can get these things cheaper online. LOL!

What's next? Will they ruin Darth Vader's persona and make him dance like a freak?

Oh wait....

If this was in the 1/9 scale like SS's other faux-bronze pieces, I'd probably get it. But not for this price and b/c it just doesn't fit anywhere in my collection.

Back