Disney Purchasing FOX. Bryan Singer Swims Alone.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DISNEY / FOX Deal Close! Thread Still Open! Please Come In!

Another positive note is at least we’ll stop seeing Marvel’s marketing team crapping all over the X-Men and FF in other media.

They were virtually GONE from any marketing ads showing Marvel characters. Wolverine and NO X-Men characters were part of the recent Marvel vs Capcom Starting Roster (rumored to be future DLC). And even in the comics the original Wolverine died (though he’s back now) and Reed Richards disappeared..

That’s what I’m saying. They tried to replace them with inhumans but failed and we have no good xmen merchandise anymore or cartoons. This is a blessing if your an xmen fan. It means we’ll get xmen merch from old and new movies. Hot toys mcu xmen. Now that’s something I’d buy in a ****ing heartbeat .

Tomorrow is X-mas lol

Last edited:

Nah they will just own rights. They reportedly attempted to get Jackman for avengers 4 but it sounds like he’s not wanting to,

That just means Jackman is smart and would rather make a deal with Marvel or Disney than Fox.

BBC news are reporting that the deal has closed! Disney purchased Fox for $52.4 billion.

Disney has released a press statement and confirmed that it includes the popular entertainment properties x-men, avatar and the Simpsons.

Yep. It’s a done deal. Great day for most fans.

Disney to Fox: “You will know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperate that you’re right...yet to fail all the same. Dread it. Run from it. Disney still arrives.”

Change the thread title to Disney / Fox Deal CLOSED.

tumblr_mznyse5bBk1qf2fu4o1_500.gif

tumblr_nehojxgo0C1qb6v6ro1_400.gif

This concerns me as the Disney press release didn't mention FF

Sad sad day. You'll all be sorry in about ten years that this is what y'all wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's gonna happen to Gotham and Batman 1966? Those are FOX shows. I'd be massively pissed if they cancel Gotham. :mad:

Sad sad day. You'll all be sorry in about ten years that this is what y'all wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I will be, all the celebration and awesome Marvel-verse films will be too enjoyable for me to bear.

I read somewhere FF was included, as with X-Men and Deadpool. All 21st Century Fox is now Disney. This is a huge deal and I'm thrilled that at some point we'll get what will hopefully be a proper comic representation of all of these characters. We can get a team up of FF with Avengers to fight Galactus. Possibilities are endless.

What's gonna happen to Gotham and Batman 1966? Those are FOX shows. I'd be massively pissed if they cancel Gotham. :mad:
Oh wow.. they actually might have to..

Oh wow.. they actually might have to..

Batman 66 took DECADES to get into a mutual agreement between FOX and DC (hence the resurgence with home video, toys and movies awhile back). Gotham is the best thing DC at the moment, so it better damn well find a new home.

Fire Jennifer Lawrence

She’s ruining the XMen franchise!

This is good news for Marvel vs Capcom

This concerns me as the Disney press release didn't mention FF

It does:

"The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love."

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/walt-disney-company-acquire-twenty-first-century-fox-inc-spinoff-certain-businesses-52-4-billion-stock/

Wow, what a time to be alive. X-Men, FF, Deapool and others are finally coming home! I think the MCU just got extended to another 20 years.

Fire Jennifer Lawrence

She’s ruining the XMen franchise!

This is good news for Marvel vs Capcom

Fire everyone time to reboot fresh

Back