Disney Purchasing FOX. Bryan Singer Swims Alone.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Freak was it that said this would NEVER happen?
iu

Some jabroni :lol

So rumours of Dark Phoenix and Mutants being cancelled start swirling, now there's reports saying they're not and still going ahead with reshoots. :dunno

Imagine if Fox **** up the Phoenix storyline a second time? :rotfl

I can see Feige wanting to dust these movies completely.

I was reading this earlier...

X-Men: Dark Phoenix & New Mutants to Be Completely Scrapped by Fox?

The production of the next two X-Men movies, Dark Phoenix and The New Mutants has looked very cloudy, with both movies being pushed back significantly in order for them to receive reshoots. Unfortunately for X-Men fans, a new report has surfaced claiming that Disney and FOX plan to completely scrap these projects as the damage may be irreparable.

While a couple of Fox's more recent Marvel movies have been rather successful and high quality, specifically the Deadpool movies, the rest of their Marvel flicks have not been met with open arms. The 2015 Fantastic Four was an utter disappointment, X-Men: Apocalypse was a huge step down from Days of Future Past, and their next two movies may be following in the same path.

The New Mutants was originally slated to release earlier this year, and even had a trailer released back in 2017. However, after Fox reportedly deemed the final cut of the movie "boring" and "unwatchable," they ordered extensive reshootsthat pushed the release date until August 2019, making a nearly year and a half difference between the two release dates. According to a recent report, the issue with New Mutants came from director Josh Boone and how he adapted the movie.

According to the report, Fox initially wanted the movie to be set primarily in the X-Mansion, being based directly on the comics. It even had a final battle against a Sentinel during the third act, which feels just like an X-Men comic book. However, Josh Boone came to them with a rather different vision carrying a significantly darker tone which they decided to follow. Now, FOX is apparently upset with their decision to follow Boone's vision and are desperately attempting to reshoot accordingly.

Other issues surfaced with the production of The New Mutants as the cast has been noticeably unhappy. Actress Anya Taylor-Joy, who plays Magik, reportedly did not get along well with another cast member. Additionally, it's understandable that the rest of the cast would be uptight as the movie has been in and out of production for over a year now, which is much longer than what they initially signed on for.

While we don't have as detailed of a report on X-Men: Dark Phoenix, we can imagine that the sequel is in the same boat. According to the report, Fox is now considering just scrapping the two projects, and the Fox-Disney merger isn't helping much. Apparently, Disney is starting to become more active in the decisions at FOX and are just as displeased with the two X-Men as the rest of the Fox executives. It would seem that if Fox doesn't cut their losses on X-Men: Dark Phoeni} and The New Mutants, then Disney will do it for them when they take over. Disney will want to integrate the X-Men franchise into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and it would be difficult to do that successfully if X-Men: Dark Phoenixand The New Mutants were absolute bombs.

This report came from Superhero Hype by a user who has been deemed reliable, but it should still be taken with a grain of Thanos dust. Fox does indeed cancel the next two X-Men movies, they will essentially be tossing out hundreds of millions of dollars. Only time will tell if we'll ever get the chance to see X-Men: Dark Phoenixor The New Mutants hit theaters, but at the moment, it's not looking too likely.

Can't wait for Fox not to screw up anymore X-Men movies. You'd have to wonder if Disney is willing to go R on more movies with the addition of the Aliens, Predator, maybe X-Files and Deadpool.

I can’t imagine they’d just scrap both films. That would be just throwing $100+ million away. Even if they are garbage, releasing them ought to recoup some of that at least. Sell them to Netflix even. Direct to video or streaming wouldn’t be the worst thing to do with them.

Monopoly is not a good thing. Disney have not been successful with Star Wars at all!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

While I think Disney would be nuts for releasing DF into the massive MCU world they have already meticulously established I do have a morbid curiosity to see it lol

I highly doubt they’re going to keep those actors though so why freaking bother right you’re just going to create confusion.

That movie can easily be written off with the kind of money that’s being thrown around.

The Singer XM universe is finished and what’s funny is that Feige was there at the start and he’s now there at the end.

If it’s not released it will gain instant cult status though so it’s got that going for it.

20 years from now it will be viewed as the discarded visionary masterpiece that would’ve earned 2 billion had it been allowed to live lol

Last edited:
With Simon Kinberg describing Dark Phoenix as more of a drama, I just don't see this having a massive demmand and appeal.

The demand to see Feige's version of X-Men outweighs anything from the Fox universe right now. A full on X-Men focused movie is years away and what is more likely to happen first is them going the Spidey and BP route by introducing characters in other movies and building from there -- like putting Storm in BP2 is a good start.

Lol.
Remember when people said this wouldn’t happen? All those fox spin offs and hard R movies that were supposed to come out? Lol

Yea dark Phoenix is better off getting the shaft. I can tell the movie will have more of the same.

Xmen in the background while magneto, mystique and prof x do most of the screen time. Some will do one or two cool moves but they won’t show there full potential. They’ll show Scott shoot lasers out his eyes, and storm hover and shoot lightning again and jean be uncontrollably agressive but that’s it.

They never tapped into the xmen’s full potiential except wolverine maybe.

Storm will likely be introduced first in bp 2 followed by rogue in captain marvel.

Also someone check on snikt. The guy must really be losing it. I’d imagine he’s at the gym pumping hard while screaming Mickey Mouse as loud as he can.

Lol.
Remember when people said this wouldn’t happen? All those fox spin offs and hard R movies that were supposed to come out? Lol

Yea dark Phoenix is better off getting the shaft. I can tell the movie will have more of the same.

Xmen in the background while magneto, mystique and prof x do most of the screen time. Some will do one or two cool moves but they won’t show there full potential. They’ll show Scott shoot lasers out his eyes, and storm hover and shoot lightning again and jean be uncontrollably agressive but that’s it.

They never tapped into the xmen’s full potiential except wolverine maybe.

Storm will likely be introduced first in bp 2 followed by rogue in captain marvel.

Also someone check on snikt. The guy must really be losing it. I’d imagine he’s at the gym pumping hard while screaming Mickey Mouse as loud as he can.

The best part is that with all the cosmic stuff already introduced into the MCU, we could get a lot of the bat **** crazy stuff from the X-men universe...we may eventually get to see Mojo! :lol

Give me blue and yellow suits. Give me galactus. Also where is that turtle guy who use to side with snikt? I bet he’s pissed to.

I'm torn.

I think it sucks that Disney now owns so many properties.

But it's cool that we might actually get great X-Men movies now.

Back