Disney Purchasing FOX. Bryan Singer Swims Alone.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DISNEY Acquires FOX Film/TV Studios! X-Men, F4, Deadpool Join the MCU! Raise a gl

Please give us midget Wolverine.

View attachment 382548

I know the perfect guy

maxresdefault.jpg

Re: DISNEY Acquires FOX Film/TV Studios! X-Men, F4, Deadpool Join the MCU! Raise a gl

It's out November 2, 2018. So if they start fresh, we might see the first X film the end of 2019. I'd wager they at least had a first draft already done just in case the deal went through.

Then that will lose Disney money they pretty much paid for it now .

Then that will lose Disney money they pretty much paid for it now .

How will they lose money? Regardless of how awful their X films have been, they always turn a big profit.

I really don't like this news...
I'm sure the movies coming out of this will be perfectly fine, but I don't like it when one big corporation starts cornering the market. It's just not good for business in general and not good for diverse thinking.
But oh well.

While I agree with that. Diverse thinking wasn't working. It was long overdue for a change.

Putin would make a great Old Man Logan just give him a wig.

I’m team Putin Wolverine.

In other news...

Jennifer Lawrence takes awkward photo smiling in a children's hospital

2F9AD91800000578-3373731-image-a-8_1451001617553.jpg

I hope they only keep Reynolds as Deadpool (and keep him rated R) and do a reboot for the rest.

I'd love to see all new actors cast in the 90s Blue and Gold teams. I hope this means Channing Tatum is out as Gambit as well.

JLaw has a smoking body do her in a second without any hesitation.

I'm sure the movies coming out of this will be perfectly fine, but I don't like it when one big corporation starts cornering the market. It's just not good for business in general and not good for diverse thinking.
But oh well.

I don't think diverse thinking is going to be the real issue. Hollywood has had a lack of diverse thinking for a while. I think one of the major problems that will stem from this, is you'll see a lot more of what Disney did with the new Star Wars. Where they made certain stipulations of how long a theater had to have Star Wars on screen. That may cause a lot of studios to lose a ton of revenue. Considering their theater runs will be dramatically shortened.

But there will be a shift from theaters soon anyway. Big studios will take over theaters. Smaller films will get their wide release on straight to home platforms like Netflix. I don't think it will cause too much consternation.

I hope they only keep Reynolds as Deadpool (and keep him rated R) and do a reboot for the rest.

I'd love to see all new actors cast in the 90s Blue and Gold teams. I hope this means Channing Tatum is out as Gambit as well.

Completely agree.

I don't think diverse thinking is going to be the real issue. Hollywood has had a lack of diverse thinking for a while. I think one of the major problems that will stem from this, is you'll see a lot more of what Disney did with the new Star Wars. Where they made certain stipulations of how long a theater had to have Star Wars on screen. That may cause a lot of studios to lose a ton of revenue. Considering their theater runs will be dramatically shortened.

But there will be a shift from theaters soon anyway. Big studios will take over theaters. Smaller films will get their wide release on straight to home platforms like Netflix. I don't think it will cause too much consternation.

That’s the thing though business dealing don’t concern me just give me all the characters interacting with each other because at the end of the day all of that business legal mumble jumble will just sort itself out like it always does.

Hurray for team Silver Surfer lol

But oh well.

Monopolies are bad when it comes down to services provided (such as internet or cellphones). In the entertainment business, I have no issues with one studio owning multiple franchises, as long as they are competent. Considering what we have seen from Aliens, Predator, The Simpsons, the X-Men movies, FF and all the other crap we had to put up in the last few years, I'd say this is a welcome change.

That’s the thing though business dealing don’t concern me just give me all the characters interacting with each other because at the end of the day all of that business legal mumble jumble will just sort itself out like it always does.

Hurray for team Silver Surfer lol

Right. We can wax ethics all day about stomping on the little guy. But I'm even smaller than that little guy. So **** em! Give me DOOM! :lol

My wife says I'm a big deal though :lecture

So the the deal includes 20th Century Fox, Fox Searchlight, Fox 2000, 20th Century Fox Television, FX Productions, Fox21, FX Networks, National Geographic Partners, Fox Sports Regional Networks, Star India and Fox’s interests in Hulu, Sky, and Endemol Shine Group. It does not include the Fox Broadcasting network and stations, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, FS1, FS2 and Big Ten Network.

Man, phase 4 might have Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus, the XMen, Anihilus, Molecule Man, Kang...etc.

I'm wondering how exactly they intend to introduce mutants and the Fantastic 4 into the MCU now.

They could go cosmic from the beginning, keep dark phoenix, and have the appearance of the phoenix force be the catalyst that "awakens mutants".

Another option would be that mutants are not a new thing, they've been around for ages, just super SUPER rare, and covered up by the world governments, and then recently there is a boom of them.
This would allow them to make Molly from Runaways a mutant, as well as quicksilver and Scarlet witch.
Perhaps the X-men original Team even exist already, and Xavier has been mind-wiping people to keep them secret?

As for the Fantastic 4, Moviebob did an excellent video on how to integrate them. check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VehLxh5wCU8
Granted, This deal DOES NOT GET DISNEY THE FANTASTIC FOUR, they still need a separate deal with Constantine Films. though, I wager that WILL happen at some point.

I think they’ll reintroduce the F4 in Dark Phoenix

Supposedly Theres a major twist mid way thru

There’s also talk of Onslaught!

Back