Disney: Get YOU in Carbonite as a figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.dailyblam.com/news/2012...s-2012-debuts-the-carbon-freeze-me-experience

cfm101299LARGE.jpg

Via Disney Parks Blog - As a child, one of the most memorable scenes that I vividly remember from Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back is when Captain Han Solo is frozen in carbonite by Darth Vader. I think I remember it because after seeing the movie, my parents bought me Boba Fett’s ship that contained a miniature version of Han Solo in carbonite. Coming this year to Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, I will have the opportunity to relive that scene with the Carbon-Freeze Me experience. This new experience was created especially for Disney Parks, and is part of our “D-Tech Me” line that uses technology to take personalization to a whole new level.

Using state-of-the-art imaging technology, this experience casts your likeness as a three-dimensional, 8-inch figurine. At the Carbon Freezing Chamber located adjacent to The American Idol Experience, several cameras will capture multiple angles of your face. The images are then reconstructed in a computer for processing and, in approximately four weeks, the figurine is shipped directly to your house. I had my image captured during early tests for this experience, and it was surreal to see a digital version of my head.

Each carbonite figurine is $99.95 (plus shipping). You can order additional figurines using the same image scan for $74.95 each. The replica figurine can be hung on a wall, just like the gangster Jabba the Hutt did in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (I plan on doing the same thing when I receive mine). Guests also receive a light-up wristband with for participating.

The experience will officially open on May 18 with the start of Star Wars Weekends. Reservations for are required and can be made starting Monday, May 7 by calling 407-WDW-TECH (407-939-8324).

cfm330139LARGE.jpg

I know its just cause I'm a fanboy, but I'm grabbing one...

then I'll _____ about the inaccuracies. :dunno

I would be all they down for one of these if it was 1:6 scale and I could display it with my Sideshow Jabba the Hutt.

To bad they aren't doing it at the real Disney park.

BOOOOOOO! Man I was so excited about picking mine up next month, I totally missed that. :(:(:(:(

Screwed again.

Know how bad this sucks? 8 inch self in carbonite is perfect scale for Die Cast Fett Dio to be made. :monkey2

Hahaha that's actually a really cool concept, not sure how accurate it will be but I love the idea.

This is using the same technology as a company that was doing 3D scans of people for custom mini busts at MegaCon back in February. A friend of mine got one made and it's very accurate. I was actually amazed how much it looked like her.

Back