Disney Abandons hand drawn animation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This makes me sad. The Lion King and Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm are two of my favorite movies, and they were both hand drawn animation.

It's very hard to make the transition from hand-drawn-on-paper animation to digital hand-drawn animation but I'm trying to. That way I can preserve the feeling of hand drawing except on a new medium, it being a cintiq digital.

Frozen is an inferior film being in CG.

Hand drawn animation is staged by actual artists that understand acting and art and what makes the best composition on the screen.

CG animators are just puppet masters and it's tweaked and tweaked until the director is happy.

It really is sad.

Frozen is an inferior film being in CG.

Hand drawn animation is staged by actual artists that understand acting and art and what makes the best composition on the screen.

CG animators are just puppet masters and it's tweaked and tweaked until the director is happy.

It really is sad.

:clap:exactly: Traditional animation FTW! :yess:

Nothing in the world , to compete with traditional hand drawn Disney animation movies !!! Be it in terms of Character designing , Background paintings , Cel paintings , the amazing concept arts .........My goodness , they were all FABULOUS as the past Disney artists simply put their heart and soul into it and worked .

Each and every art work had that much depth and life in it , Immortal treasures !!! We can never ever imagine such a beautiful art with the invention of CGI , IGC...GIC....what ever crap we call .

I seriously feel that the Lion King would have had much much more depth in it if Disney would not have used CGI .

For instance , lets compare Bambi [ original ] and Bambi 2 . I could enjoy myself so closely with the original Bambi as it was a pure art work , 100 % manual.

By and large , Disney has lost a wonderful art of it's own origin , the art of traditional animation , that was the ultimate base for the Disney history and achievements . Too bad that Disney neglected it totally just for the cheap commercial sake :slap:pfft::pfft:

Last edited:
Back