Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello chisoxfan2424. You did the best thing. This line is the most original and most exciting line from Sideshow:clap:panic::hi5:. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to be able to collect a great part of dinosaurs in this line. This is a line quite expensive and not everyone can afford:(, but worth every penny:exactly:. Stegosaurus Maquette is phenomenal, you'll be pleasantly surprised about perfect anatomy of the animal.:lecture

Hi chisoxfan2424. You definitely won't regret starting with this piece. She and her little one are beauties to behold. To be honest, she kinda puts the other pieces in this line to shame, in terms of size, paint quality, and overall awesomeness. Not putting down the other pieces at all, but it would be so amazing if some of them could have been made at this scale. :horror

Anyway, let us know when she gets to you. I hope she arrives in perfect condition. :)

It is one of the most interesting statues in this line. I wonder for some time, what species of dinosaur is going to be next in the winter to see for next year:cuckoo::gah::impatient:I hope to be something taken to extremes. I want a Diorama:pray::pray::pray::pray:

DSC02383_zps34bb3d9b.jpg

DSC02385_zps08b44099.jpg

DSC02387_zps60a504ef.jpg

DSC02389_zps93ce7155.jpg

DSC02393_zps403f24d7.jpg

DSC02396_zps268d96de.jpg

DSC02405_zps99b15a96.jpg

DSC02409_zpsd82f6a93.jpg

DSC02412_zpsa5797501.jpg

So I sort of caved on this one, trying to get one after all. Trying because the minute I decided I wanted to have it it appeared they were pretty much all sold out since yesterday at local shops here :gah: found someone nice enough to try to get it directly from Sideshow for me so hope that will work out. Gonna take ages probably and way to much money and especially WAY to much display space, but with the pictures you guys put out I like it much more than I thought at first and I would like to try to have all the adult maquettes and diorama's of this line complete. It's one of my favorite lines from Sideshow and some of the Dinosauria pieces are among my overall favorites in my collection. Hope it will get here, pretty sure I will regret it if in the end I do miss out on this one and I won't be able to get it because I can't afford it anymore if the prices go up.

Two things by the way: anybody else notice that de ES on this is much larger than on the other pieces? Think this is 500 and if I remember correctly the older pieces were between 150 or 300 at most.

And a question for the paleontologists and dino-enthusiasts around here: would it have been possible for this animal to be in this kind of rearing position? I was wondering because I know some horses who already have trouble with it, and they are much more 'elegant' in a way, weigh less and they seem better proportioned for such a move than such a large animal. Or does the tail give enough counterweight to be able to get the front legs of the ground? For example I wouldn't think a rhino would be able to do this and to me this has always been more of a prehistoric rhino than a prehistoric horse, but maybe that's just me being stupid :thud: I do like the alert and protective feeling it has because of the way she's standing by the way.

Back