Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and that´s the problem with the big pieces. you have much lower shipping costs for statues maybe in 1:35/1:40 scale, less problems with damage etc...:wink1:

aside from Dyscrasia's small crack on the baby, there were no other issues with the BIG stego's shipping, were there? so what damages on the big pieces are you talking about?

Actually, the problem with my statue isn't much of an issue, and I'm quite sure that there weren't any major complaints about damages of the Stegosaurus maquette so far.

On the other hand, in case of the Apatosaurus, the breakage of the tail was really a big problem, and also some of the Spinosaurus maquettes arrived with broken teeth or claws from the forelimb (atleast in our country)...

Last edited:
I don´t speak about specific statues, but it´s sure that the risk of damage is higher if you order a big statue, because it´s much easier to pack and wrap a smaller model.

but smaller-scaled statues are more delicate to handle, thinner tails and neck, smaller legs and toes/claws... In the dinosauria line for example, major problem for the apatosaurus maquette was the thin tail. It was a big piece, yes, but scale-wise, it was maybe one of the smallest in the line. If the stego was made in a smaller scale, for sure there may already have been numerous complaints about broken plates and thagomizers as of the moment. aesthetically, these are dinosaurs, known for their size. I'd rather spend $350-$400 on a piece that commends attention in a room, than on a statue that just fades into the background, which is what I can say about the earlier pieces of the line. I LOVE my T-rex vs Trike Diorama, but I've always wished it was made a lot bigger.

If a piece is packed well and correctly big or small doesn't matter. Really your chances of either getting damaged are about the same from my experience.

Really any piece can have attention drawn to it if placed correctly, put a 1/40 on a table in the middle of the room and people will certainly see it. Put it on a shelf with 20 other models though and it's white noise except to the discerning collector who shares your interest.

Personally I like larger pieces because I can see them across a room even. The details are clearer for me and much easier than trying to take a magnifying glass to it. An example is these two Krentz Rexes :

298711_3704016875554_583770868_n.jpg

1/20 and 1/40, both have fairly detailed paint schemes..but which one can you see better ? My best example is the eyes. Those of you with the SS Rex know that it has really nice eyes that feel alive. While at 1/40 it's almost impossible to get that. the eyes are mere pinpricks. So a scale like 1/40 is fine for observing the overall animal but if you want to really see the detail 1/20 and 1/15 are great..of course 1/1 is the ultimate..lol

On the topic of the Stegosaurus, I was assisting Jorge last night in figuring out the scale. We think that if it was 21' it's a 1/8 or 1/9 if 30' it might be 1/10 so she is a big girl for sure.

Jorge said he wants to do a similar scaled Torvosaurus to go along with it. I'm quite excited but that will certainly be a challenge to display.

In other news he is still working on some statue concepts but he has no idea where Sideshow is with the line . He did say he would inquire and try to get an answer for us. He does hope to do his own line of resin kits so if you really loved his work so far it's quite likely you won't be out of options. :)

If a piece is packed well and correctly big or small doesn't matter. Really your chances of either getting damaged are about the same from my experience.

Really any piece can have attention drawn to it if placed correctly, put a 1/40 on a table in the middle of the room and people will certainly see it. Put it on a shelf with 20 other models though and it's white noise except to the discerning collector who shares your interest.

Personally I like larger pieces because I can see them across a room even. The details are clearer for me and much easier than trying to take a magnifying glass to it. An example is these two Krentz Rexes :

298711_3704016875554_583770868_n.jpg

1/20 and 1/40, both have fairly detailed paint schemes..but which one can you see better ? My best example is the eyes. Those of you with the SS Rex know that it has really nice eyes that feel alive. While at 1/40 it's almost impossible to get that. the eyes are mere pinpricks. So a scale like 1/40 is fine for observing the overall animal but if you want to really see the detail 1/20 and 1/15 are great..of course 1/1 is the ultimate..lol

On the topic of the Stegosaurus, I was assisting Jorge last night in figuring out the scale. We think that if it was 21' it's a 1/8 or 1/9 if 30' it might be 1/10 so she is a big girl for sure.

Jorge said he wants to do a similar scaled Torvosaurus to go along with it. I'm quite excited but that will certainly be a challenge to display.

In other news he is still working on some statue concepts but he has no idea where Sideshow is with the line . He did say he would inquire and try to get an answer for us. He does hope to do his own line of resin kits so if you really loved his work so far it's quite likely you won't be out of options. :)

I seen that smaller T-Rex before. Wasn't that an unfinished model?

Edit: DISREGARD. I just seen this in the other thread! Looks fantastic too!

Hello friends. Yesterday I received the statue. I can tell you it's very special, I feel as if life ,:thud::thud::clapand I feel like I'm back in time 70 million years ago. This statue in my opinion gives me the feeling that was created with much love for dinosaurs. Jorge Blanco is definitely my favorite artist. He has his original way, to give life to everything he creates.

Hello Timo! Normal,:wink1: but I was very busy:(. Few quick photos:wave:1-1::

PS: Hurry up to buy it, certainly will not regret it:lecture. It's one of the most beautiful statues in this line:exactly::exactly:
DSC_7551.jpg

DSC_7556.jpg

Hello Dyscrasia. Indeed my dinosaur collection started to grow nicely:clap:yess:. I hope to get my hands quickly on the next statue.:pray: Definitely going to be Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus from Sideshow:lecture:exactly::panic:

Hello everyone. Today I ordered from Sideshow Spinosaurus. I admit that was extremely hard to choose between Spino VS. Deinoscuhus Diorama. Eventually ,I went on Spinosaurus version that was last statue in Europe:yess:. However it was sold to me and a little more expensive:slap. I hope worth every penny. I'll put some pictures when I get

PS: Spino sold on ebay from 800 up:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap

Hello everyone. Today I ordered from Sideshow Spinosaurus. I admit that was extremely hard to choose between Spino VS. Deinoscuhus Diorama. Eventually ,I went on Spinosaurus version that was last statue in Europe:yess:. However it was sold to me and a little more expensive:slap. I hope worth every penny. I'll put some pictures when I get

PS: Spino sold on ebay from 800 up:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap

Congratulations on picking up this awesome piece. You won't regret it. :)

Thanks Jeremy. The big problem is that in my closet I do not think fit, and Spino ... I think I'll put it on top of the cabinet:lol:lol:rotfl. How do you stay with dinosaurs?:cuckoo::wink1::lol What will be your next statue?:cuckoo::wink1:

Hi Tupuxuara,

congratulations, the spino is a good choice!:clap
Last week i received my 1:15 Triceratops from Shane Foulkes and i think i will send it to Martin Garratt for painting.
I don´t own the Stegosaurus at this time, for me it´s not a "must have" model...

Thanks Jeremy. The big problem is that in my closet I do not think fit, and Spino ... I think I'll put it on top of the cabinet:lol:rotfl. How do you stay with dinosaurs?:cuckoo::wink1::lol What will be your next statue?:cuckoo::wink1:

Don't feel bad. My Spinosaurus stays on top of my TV in my bedroom. lol Once I have my 1:1 subadult Parasaurolophus and 1:8 JP Tyrannosaurus Rex built up, there won't be any room to move around. I think I can get rid of my pesky bed, which should free up some space. :lol

As for my next statue, I just recently bought Jonathan Rader's 1:20 Sue the Tyrannosaurus Rex maquette. It's being sent to Martin Garratt to be built up. I can't wait to have it in-hand.:panic:

Hi Tupuxuara,

congratulations, the spino is a good choice!:clap
Last week i received my 1:15 Triceratops from Shane Foulkes and i think i will send it to Martin Garratt for painting.
I don´t own the Stegosaurus at this time, for me it´s not a "must have" model...

You'll love Shane's 1:15 Triceratops, and Martin is the perfect guy to build it up for you.

I will be purchasing the Stegosaurus Maquette directly from Sideshow, once the rest of my rewards points kick in. For me, it is a definite must buy. I'm just hoping it isn't Sideshow's last Dinosauria piece. They seemed so excited about the line a year or two ago, and the pieces have done very well. The only pieces left on their website are the Stegosaurus and Apatosaurus maquettes.

EDIT: I just asked about the future of the Dinosauria line on Sideshow's Facebook page, and they said we will see some Dinosauria roaming around soon. That's some very positive news, and it get's me very excited to see what will be next.

Last edited:
Jeremy you've made my day more beautiful with this wonderful news:hi5::yess:::rock. So it's not just a single statue, but there are several:horror:lol:clap. That makes me jump up for joy.:panic::panic:

PS: Sideshow is the best:lecture:exactly:

Back