Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dyscrasia, I've always been a fan of your Dinosauria group shots, maybe you can give us an updated shot of your dino collection so far. I have all the pieces myself but they're all boxed up, no display shelves yet.

That's an odd spot for damage to occur. Were you able to repair it ?

I think a small amount of putty and paint will do the work.

Hey Dyscrasia, I've always been a fan of your Dinosauria group shots, maybe you can give us an updated shot of your dino collection so far. I have all the pieces myself but they're all boxed up, no display shelves yet.

My statues are also currently boxed up, but I am planning to take a group shot pretty soon. And I really appreciate your comment despite the poor quality of my pics.

Hello Dyscrasia! I'm glad you managed to buy it sooner than you planned:hi5::clap:yess:. I think next week I'll order it. This statue is too hard to miss from my collection of dinosaurs!:rotfl:panic:

PS: put some pictures with baby stegosaurus to see what happened:(, and some pictures of all your impressive collection.:exactly::lecture:wave:hi5:

Off topic, but this seems like the only dino thread still alive!:slap Anyhow, has anyone ever collected Paleocraft dino resin models? If yes, how would you rate the quality, scale, price, ........etc Please advise, as I'm getting desperate.:thud:

A couple of pics I left out previously....

You can see the size difference between the first and last statue of the line :)

61821127.jpg

82412810.jpg

Off topic, but this seems like the only dino thread still alive!:slap Anyhow, has anyone ever collected Paleocraft dino resin models? If yes, how would you rate the quality, scale, price, ........etc Please advise, as I'm getting desperate.:thud:

The models by Sean Cooper ? I've heard nothing but good things about them in all my browsing around.

I notice the size of the boxes aren't really relevant..the stego almost takes up it's entire package, whereas the Rex vs Trike dio is dwarfed by it's own. Makes me wish that piece would also have been bigger. ;D

Thanks for the pics Dyscrasia, although I still want to believe that the amazing Stegosaurus maquette is NOT the last piece of the line. I still hope that we'll have a Triceratops maquette at a closer scale with the Stego, also an Ankylosaur, Hadrosaurs not being eaten, and maybe a couple more diorama pieces. Sideshow once had great plans for this line, they even considered doing dino busts. I hope they won't bail out, not just yet...:pray:

please no busts! Please do not misunderstand, there are some good busts out there like the JP-Raptor from Blade, but i prefer "full body" dinosaurs (with claws, legs and tails...:wink1:)

Thanks for the pics Dyscrasia, although I still want to believe that the amazing Stegosaurus maquette is NOT the last piece of the line. I still hope that we'll have a Triceratops maquette at a closer scale with the Stego, also an Ankylosaur, Hadrosaurs not being eaten, and maybe a couple more diorama pieces. Sideshow once had great plans for this line, they even considered doing dino busts. I hope they won't bail out, not just yet...:pray:

According to Jorge there was at least one more after the Stego but no idea what it is or if it's still coming.

Shane has a nice 1/15 Triceratops for sale I've been tempted to get myself :

https://www.cretaceouscreationsofamerica.com/triceratops-maximus.html

please no busts! Please do not misunderstand, there are some good busts out there like the JP-Raptor from Blade, but i prefer "full body" dinosaurs (with claws, legs and tails...:wink1:)

I do like some busts..but they need to be 1/1 and I have to have the space for them.

I had hoped they would do a 1/1 Compsgnathus or similar smaller dinosaurs.

I think the stego is to big, it needs so much space on the shelf and it looks like that it´s not part of the dinosauria line, compared with the other models. I like the size of the first statues, like T-rex and Carno.
They are good to handle and also impressive enough.

According to Jorge there was at least one more after the Stego but no idea what it is or if it's still coming.

Shane has a nice 1/15 Triceratops for sale I've been tempted to get myself :

https://www.cretaceouscreationsofamerica.com/triceratops-maximus.html

I do like some busts..but they need to be 1/1 and I have to have the space for them.

I had hoped they would do a 1/1 Compsgnathus or similar smaller dinosaurs.

Honestly Blade, I am tempted to purchase that Triceratops. I dunno, maybe from Dan. But I'm not sure how I'd be able to paint it with the same quality as the existing dinosauria pieces. Being here in the Philippines, having it professionally painted is not an option because shipping will just kill me, and the statue itself may also be at risk to damages. But I like the size, 24" in length. For me that's how These pieces must be done--- BIG!!!

Honestly Blade, I am tempted to purchase that Triceratops. I dunno, maybe from Dan. But I'm not sure how I'd be able to paint it with the same quality as the existing dinosauria pieces. Being here in the Philippines, having it professionally painted is not an option because shipping will just kill me, and the statue itself may also be at risk to damages. But I like the size, 24" in length. For me that's how These pieces must be done--- BIG!!!

and that´s the problem with the big pieces. you have much lower shipping costs for statues maybe in 1:35/1:40 scale, less problems with damage etc...:wink1:

Back