Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plates are also numbered, but I found it easy just to gently drop them into place. If the baby is absent, there are four conspicuous footprints on the base, but that would be easy enough for a modeler to remedy. I am thrilled to pieces with this one. It's so enormous, the baby itself is about the size of the Papo Stegosaurus.

Last edited:
I got mine this morning! W-O-W! I'm still not completely sold on the inclusion of the baby stego, but even so, this one is a definitely a keeper! It's huge, too! I might have to sell off my "puny" T. rex now.

As for attaching the plates, there are no instructions, but you'll know when you've got them in the correct spots, as they'll fit like a glove instead of having large gaps around them.

When you say "puny" T-rex, I hope you don't mean the Sideshow T-rex Maquette. That piece is anything but puny, and still the best representation of that creature that I have seen. There's a reason it commands such high prices online.

i got mine today and was surprised on the sheer size of this thing I can take some pics of him later hes still in the box but I can compare him to the trex, apotosaurus, and the styrac. if you like.

When you say "puny" T-rex, I hope you don't mean the Sideshow T-rex Maquette. That piece is anything but puny, and still the best representation of that creature that I have seen. There's a reason it commands such high prices online.

Exactly. I think the Rex is my favorite piece of all. :)

That said..this Stego is HUGE !!!!! I was quite shocked when comparing it to the Apato. I was hoping it was 1/15..but I think now it's closer to 1/12 or maybe even 1/10 it makes my Foulkes 1/15 Allo look pretty small.

I took a LOT of pics..we'll see how many I can post to start with. Mine is number 42 out of 500 :

539647_3463457261714_400176785_n.jpg

252697_3463457461719_671038011_n.jpg

208921_3463457101710_1112147098_n.jpg

553766_3463458141736_1738406822_n.jpg

486636_3463457741726_100599347_n.jpg

229827_3463457901730_1952440120_n.jpg

486533_3463458301740_1932399127_n.jpg

252787_3463458541746_1014591732_n.jpg

198331_3463458741751_2142760415_n.jpg

Very awesome piece. From the pics, this is worth every single dollar I paid for it.

My Ex Edition from SS will only be delivered this Saturday as I am currently out of town.

Very awesome piece. From the pics, this is worth every single dollar I paid for it.

My Ex Edition from SS will only be delivered this Saturday as I am currently out of town.

It's certainly worth the money.. :)

Center piece of the collection is right..I can only imagine where they would go after this one...lol

It's also interesting to see just how much this piece was like Blanco's sketches I posted.. ;)

im waiting on the triceratops then they can stop this line haha this thing is well worth the money spent on it, its huge thats for sure

Here is mine:

7454122122_8097698448_z.jpg

7454120634_592878bc14_c.jpg
par wargrider75, sur Flickr
7454120060_d05188b9d7_c.jpg

Paint is not perfect compare to the prototype, but it is ok! I'll certainly make a small repaint on it later...
This piece is really impressive, makes me wonder why it is the only one of this size, the T-Rex should have been done bigger for example, not necessarily at the exact same scale, but here there is too much difference with the other maquettes!

Pompeii, the baby Stego is removable though right ? You could just not use it..in fact I might buy it if interested. Let me know. :)

Yes, but I'd be left with an odd extension to the base that has a place for the missing baby's feet to go.

I'm wondering how hard it would be for me to cast a duplicate base that could then have the portion for the baby removed. Or maybe it would be easier for me to come up with something new that attaches to a nice slab of marble or a finished piece of wood.

I will keep you in mind should I end up not needing the baby.

Center piece of the collection is right.

Indeed. The Stegosaurus will certainly be the centerpiece of my collection.

Yes, I was referring to the Sideshow T. rex. As much as I love the sculpt, it now looks quite small in comparison to the Stegosaurus.

What kind of prices are you seeing for the Sideshow Exclusive T. rex? I may unload mine.

I've got the Sideshow Exclusive Spinosaurus, too, and I know it won't be staying around much longer.

If you read my post here, you will see that I'm actually looking for a museum-quality T. rex skeleton in the neighborhood of six to eight feet in length. Unloading my Sideshow T. rex would help cover a small portion of the bill. It would also keep my wife from complaining about the ever-multiplying Sideshow pieces in my collection.

Last edited:
Yes, but I'd be left with an odd extension to the base that has a place for the missing baby's feet to go.

I'm wondering how hard it would be for me to cast a duplicate base that could then have the portion for the baby removed. Or maybe it would be easier for me to come up with something new that attaches to a nice slab of marble or a finished piece of wood.

I will keep you in mind should I end up not needing the baby.

Indeed. The Stegosaurus will certainly be the centerpiece of my collection.

Yes, I was referring to the Sideshow T. rex. As much as I love the sculpt, it now looks quite small in comparison to the Stegosaurus.

What kind of prices are you seeing for the Sideshow Exclusive T. rex? I may unload mine.

I've got the Sideshow Exclusive Spinosaurus, too, and I know it won't be staying around much longer.

If you read my post here, you will see that I'm actually looking for a museum-quality T. rex skeleton in the neighborhood of six to eight feet in length. Unloading my Sideshow T. rex would help cover a small portion of the bill. It would also keep my wife from complaining about the ever-multiplying Sideshow pieces in my collection.

Thanks. Hmm..you might consider just filling the gaps where the feet go for the baby with putty and sculpting / painting over. You could also add some plant life to spot if you wanted.

I believe this Stego makes many pieces look way undersized..I think it's about 1/10 scale or so. Wonder if they could make an Allosaurus to go with it ? ;D

I think prices for the Rex were between 4-600.00 right ?

That's a good size Rex Skeleton..I have a 3' and 4' version..but 8' would be sweet. I can't recall off hand if I've seen a skeleton that large before..have you tried Prehistoric Planet or Taylor Made Fossils ? They sell lots of different repros and such.

Great pics everyone! I just got mine as well, but haven't had time to take pics yet. One question for owners - does Ma Stegosaurus's left hind leg (the one that does not have the peg) sit perfectly in her footprint? Mine doesn't and I'm wondering if mine is unique.

Thanks!

Without a doubt an incredible and imposing piece. Beautifully done. I should be purchasing mine in the next couple of days. The size however is actually a down point for me. Personally, I think it's ridiculous. I know the rest haven't been to scale, and they really can't but to be the biggest maquette (which it looks to be, with the exception of maybe Spinosaur) is a little absurd :-/

Back