Dinosauria: Stegosaurus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most estimate Stegosaurus' size at a little bigger...30' or 9 meters.

Maybe 1/13 ?
I know many general science books list Stegosaurus at 30 feet, but according to most dinosaur data studies, such as Greg Paul's Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs, and web sites such as Dinodata, list S. stenops (the most commonly used species for restorations) as 21 feet (7 meters). Even S. ungulatus is listed at 23 feet (7 2/3) meters). When I go to the new paleontology wing at Houston's Museum next weekend, I'll find out for sure.

tupuxuara said:
Very nice model!:clap
Thank you!

The specs from the site list the length as 27 inches, and if Stegosaurus's length is 21 feet, (21/27)*12=9 1/3. So, if my math's right, its going to be 1/9 scale, which would be huge.

And someone said they wanted to see a finish Krentz 1/40 Tyrannosaurus?
Here's mine, painted by me:
Img_0504.jpg

Img_0502.jpg

It looks like this 1:30 T-Rex from Sean Cooper:
https://www.urzeitshop.de/Bausaetze...per.html?force_sid=532na12dv89bgt6i8lmuoraqs5

Looks nice!:clap

Thanks Joel1, the Krentz 1/40 scale Rex pics were requested by me.

As usual, Krentz's work looks fantastic! How big is this model, measurement wise?

And congrats on your paint job.:clap:clap:clap

Thanks Joel1, the Krentz 1/40 scale Rex pics were requested by me.

As usual, Krentz's work looks fantastic! How big is this model, measurement wise?

And congrats on your paint job.:clap:clap:clap
Thanks! He's twelve inches. I was hoping I could put him along with my Papo Jurassic Park dinosaurs, but alas, he is a tad bit too small. Bummer. But, it's an awesome piece nonetheless, and I can't wait for David to release more! Even if the Dinosauria line slows down (we're told it won't, but you never know for sure), Shane and David will continue to pump these guys out for years to come! Now, there's the matter of space.

Thanks! He's twelve inches. I was hoping I could put him along with my Papo Jurassic Park dinosaurs, but alas, he is a tad bit too small. Bummer. But, it's an awesome piece nonetheless, and I can't wait for David to release more! Even if the Dinosauria line slows down (we're told it won't, but you never know for sure), Shane and David will continue to pump these guys out for years to come! Now, there's the matter of space.

Well the line has definitely slowed down..but it just stopped... yet. ;)

Fortunately we do have other sources as you mentioned for a good Dino-fix.. ;D

Agreed. I'm no longer pinning my hopes on Sideshow to deliver... It's too bad, too, since the overall quality in the pieces I have collected so far is pretty impressive as far as I'm concerned... Oh well... It just means I'll finally get around to purchasing pieces by Krentz, Foulkes, etc instead...

It's awesome that someone linked that Sean Cooper Roaring T-Rex (it's produced by Paleocraft here in the US), that's my next piece! Dan will be shipping it over to Martin Garratt in the next couple of weeks and I'm pretty excited...

You guys might attract more talkers if you start a new thread titled "Dinosaur statues general discussion" or something. Seems like only the elite know that you are all hiding in the back of the Stegosaurus thread.

BTW, I've been a long time lurker to this thread and really enjoy the customs. I wish I could afford some dinosaur pieces but a "cheap dino collectible" just doesn't exist unless it's made by PAPO.

Agreed. I'm no longer pinning my hopes on Sideshow to deliver... It's too bad, too, since the overall quality in the pieces I have collected so far is pretty impressive as far as I'm concerned... Oh well... It just means I'll finally get around to purchasing pieces by Krentz, Foulkes, etc instead...

It's awesome that someone linked that Sean Cooper Roaring T-Rex (it's produced by Paleocraft here in the US), that's my next piece! Dan will be shipping it over to Martin Garratt in the next couple of weeks and I'm pretty excited...

Sweet ! You will have to share some pics when done. I have Martin working on a 1/1 JP Raptor bust for me currently. ;D

You guys might attract more talkers if you start a new thread titled "Dinosaur statues general discussion" or something. Seems like only the elite know that you are all hiding in the back of the Stegosaurus thread.

BTW, I've been a long time lurker to this thread and really enjoy the customs. I wish I could afford some dinosaur pieces but a "cheap dino collectible" just doesn't exist unless it's made by PAPO.

We were trying to keep the lifesize Dinos thread alive but it keeps slipping under.

Papo has some excellent pieces..but have you seen some of the newer ones by Safari and CollectA ?

I would say CollectA has certainly improved a lot on their Dinos. But I still prefer Papo although I will generally buy from any brand as long as I like the Dino.

Safari has made a definite improvement on their dinos but their paint is still lacking. Where do they sell CollectA? Any chain stores?

but it's already listed in the "coming in the next 30 days" on sideshow's newsletter. won't be too long now.

Back