Different heads on different bodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decky123

Freakalicious
Reaction score
How do all,
Another quick question on customizing heads...

I've won a few sideshow bodies and Dragon heads off eBay and I was wondering are the compatible or will these require much work to put together?

Yep its really confusing at first as there seems to be so many bodies and so many heads and so many necks!! But the if you post a pic Decky, folks will tell you instantly what you will need to make it work. :) remember no one admits it but we are are geeks, freaks and would play with our dollies all day if we could......

haaa yes you say action figure if that makes it any cooler but no amount of words could make me cool... so to me they are DOLLIES and I love to play with them dress them up and make things for them..... dont you?

ILM used 1/6 th dolls on the speeder bikes( albeit with Tipett armature) and Steve Austen dolls in the Landspeeder, so the way I see it, we're in the realm of Harryhausen rather than Barbie.
That's my ridiculous justification anyway.

haaa yes you say action figure if that makes it any cooler but no amount of words could make me cool... so to me they are DOLLIES and I love to play with them dress them up and make things for them..... dont you?

:lecture :lol

VERY TRUE!! :D

Dude, you "create" action figures and "build" models that happen to be in the same scale as your action figures, all while wearing a Stormtrooper outfit. That's about as cool as you can be!! Star Trek fans are the geeks (runs and hides....). And I totally blame you for this derail too.:pfft:

Sorry Decky...it happens every now and again.:banana

Trekkies ooowww nasty!! But seriously... I make dollie houses and have loads of dressing up clothes for them... action figures my eye!!!!

Steve Austin.. hell yeah... I keep looking. I have to get one! DERAIL OLD SCHOOL STYLIE!! yeaaaahhhaaaaaa

THAT is a good name!!

Anyway, like those who have chimed in, it does kind of depend. Most headsculpts I pick are Dragon. I do have Hot Toys and SS from other lines too. There are so many, you're bound to find a good base-bald guys, chubby cheeks, bearded guys. All take paint fine and can be baked with a different hairdo, sideburns whatever. If the head has a neck, it should fit a SS body easy or a TT with the right adapter. If the sculpt ends at the jawline, you'll need to be careful that you get the correct neck. Sometimes it's peg to hole, other times you can just slide the head over the neck, but there's an awkward look. That may be OK if you'll have a collar or cape though. Like Mark said, some pics may help, but to answer your question, I think you'll get away without having heavy mods 95% of the time.

Oh my the way the worst ones I have found are the hasbro ones
They tend to need the most work

Back