Difference Between Terminators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sscalltheway

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering if somebody could explain the difference between the terminators in all the movies. Like the difference between the t-800 (Arnold in T2) and the t-101 (Arnold in T3). I mean they seem exactly the same to me except for the fact that the t-101 looked like he aged a bit.:lol

P.S. if we already have a thread like this i apologize.:D:D:peace

Last edited:
Arnold was a T-800 in the first 2 films - the model 101 refers to his particular flesh covering (ie. the fact he looks like arnold schwarzennegger). The films didn't clarify this very well though. They always left out the T-800 bit for some reason.

In T3 he was a T-850, again model 101 I assume. I think the extra 50 in T-850 accounted for an even tougher endoskeleton (to allow for his ability to last against an anti-terminator terminator, the TX). However, most pertinently, T3 is a crap film and should not be regarded as canon. :D

Last edited:
Arnold was a T-800 in the first 2 films - the model 101 refers to his particular flesh covering (ie. the fact he looks like arnold schwarzennegger). The films didn't clarify this very well though. They usually left out the T-800 bit for some reason.

In T3 he was a T-850, again model 101 I assume. I think the extra 50 in T-850 accounted for an even tougher endoskeleton (to allow for his ability to last against an anti-terminator terminator, the TX). However, most pertinently, T3 is a crap film and should not be regarded as canon. :D

You just answered my questions thank you a lot.:banana

No worries. And I don't think its ever been confirmed but it looks to me like Cameron from the Sarah Connor Chronicles is simply a female equivalent of the T-800. In the poster shots her endoskeleton, certainly in what you can see of her skull, looks like a feminised T-800, unlike say the TX which was very different altogether...and non-canon I might add since it was in T3.:D

No worries. And I don't think its ever been confirmed but it looks to me like Cameron from the Sarah Connor Chronicles is simply a female equivalent of the T-800. In the poster shots her endoskeleton, certainly in what you can see of her skull, looks like a feminised T-800, unlike say the TX which was very different altogether...and non-canon I might add since it was in T3.:D

Yeah i was also wondering about Cameron also but you answered that question (thanks by the way). But the reason i was confused is because i thought about the fact that Arnie was a T-800 in T2, and the bad guy that was in T2 was a T-1000 so that would mean that the higher the number the more bad ass the Terminator is, but in T3 when they called him the T-101 i got all confused but thankfully you cleared everything up for me.

thanks for the expert answers!!! and IMO i don't care what model Cameron or the TX are just as long as i get the full inspection of their birthday suits!!!!

dont want to be a terminator geek but the arnold was a t-800 in the first 2 films and a t-850 in T3. the T-850 has 2 power cells while the T-800 only has one. cameron's official model was never revealed on the show but it has been stated on many promotion materials from FOX as model TOK-175 i believe.

One of the villain terminators in the show scanned her and came up with 'unidentified cyborg' if memory serves. A bit vague. Does it mean he can't tell what kind of Terminator she is or simply that shes not in skynet's database of active terminators....maybe built by the resistance. Looks-wise she seems like a female T-800 and she is just cloned flesh rather than liquid metal, unless season 2 tells us otherwise. TOK-175 doesn't sound like your typical terminator designation. I dunno.

I hated that in T3, where arnie referred to himself as a T-101. It adds to the confusion and makes you wonder where "T-800" or "T-850" came from in the first place. However - in T1 Reese refers to the "600 series" so logically the "series 800" is a step up from that at least in terms of its infiltration capabilities. Thus, to be longwinded, it ought to go like - "Cyberdyne systems - T-800 series, model 101", I guess that doesn't sound as cool as simply "cyberdyne systems model 101" or "T-101". But i think it ought to have been important - especially when in the same films you're talking about T-1000s and T-1s.

One of the villain terminators in the show scanned her and came up with 'unidentified cyborg' if memory serves. A bit vague. Does it mean he can't tell what kind of Terminator she is or simply that shes not in skynet's database of active terminators....maybe built by the resistance. Looks-wise she seems like a female T-800 and she is just cloned flesh rather than liquid metal, unless season 2 tells us otherwise. TOK-175 doesn't sound like your typical terminator designation. I dunno.

I hated that in T3, where arnie referred to himself as a T-101. It adds to the confusion and makes you wonder where "T-800" or "T-850" came from in the first place. However - in T1 Reese refers to the "600 series" so logically the "series 800" is a step up from that at least in terms of its infiltration capabilities. Thus, to be longwinded, it ought to go like - "Cyberdyne systems - T-800 series, model 101", I guess that doesn't sound as cool as simply "cyberdyne systems model 101" or "T-101". But i think it ought to have been important - especially when in the same films you're talking about T-1000s and T-1s.
if you want my personal opinion i believe cameron isnt a cyberdyne model at all. i think she was built by the resistance or in secret by John of the future. this is just my own personal speculation. but i think there is a brief hint about it in a teaser ive seen for the up coming season.

ps - some more nerdism for you. the T -600s had rubber skin and the T-700s had laser etched rubber skin. just thought id let you know.

One of the posters for the first Terminator movie even shows the model number in the image, as CSM-101.

terminatorfeb05.jpg

CSM-101 most likely stands for Cyberdyne Systems Model 101. It always made me wonder about the different numbers that were tossed around in the movies for a while.

He Who Should Get Some Terminator Posters Sometime.

T4 is the first film to actually say 'T-800' on screen - I find this bizarre since every other Terminator was clearly identified in the first 3 films. They kept knocking about '101' when that, as I see I already mentioned in this thread, only referred to the Arnold Schwarzennegger flesh covering. If it was really T-101 I hardly think it would have stood any chance against a T-1000.

Ohmy^^^^inggod, not another thread about T-this and T-that. This has to stop. But until it does, I'll jump in.

In T3 he was a T-850, again model 101 I assume. I think the extra 50 in T-850 accounted for an even tougher endoskeleton

I think the 50 is only explained by Arnold in the morgue as referring to his upgraded subroutines. "Basic psycology is among my subroutines... Anger is more useful than dispair." There was never any reference to him being tougher.

the T-850 has 2 power cells while the T-800 only has one.

According to whom? The T-800 in T2 rerouted to his backup power after the T-1000 impaled the first with the rod, so it's likely he also had two. Two power cells was never suggested in T3 as part of an upgrade, just a fact of Terminators.

cameron's official model was never revealed on the show but it has been stated on many promotion materials from FOX as model TOK-175 i believe.

WTF is a TOK-175?

I hated that in T3, where arnie referred to himself as a T-101. However - in T1 Reese refers to the "600 series" so logically the "series 800" is a step up from that at least in terms of its infiltration capabilities.

Why does everybody make this mistake over and over again? When Kyle is educating Sarah in T1, he calls the Terminator "an infiltration unit", and then goes on to talk about how the 600 series had rubber skin and was easily spotted, but that the 800s were new and looked human. ^^^^ McG and all his bull^^^^! The only difference in James Cameron's T1 universe between the 600 and 800 was rubber ^^^^ing skin. Kyle spelled it out pretty clearly, but everybody keeps adding crap between the lines. 600 and 800 are no diff except the skin. McG can suck it.

You are right about Arnold calling himself a T-101 though. That was bad dialogue. As a machine he should have referred to himself as a T-800, Cyberdyne Systems model one ZERO one.

:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

1000% agree with everything.
MCG CAN SUCK IT!

Ohmy^^^^inggod, not another thread about T-this and T-that. This has to stop. But until it does, I'll jump in.

I think the 50 is only explained by Arnold in the morgue as referring to his upgraded subroutines. "Basic psycology is among my subroutines... Anger is more useful than dispair." There was never any reference to him being tougher.

According to whom? The T-800 in T2 rerouted to his backup power after the T-1000 impaled the first with the rod, so it's likely he also had two. Two power cells was never suggested in T3 as part of an upgrade, just a fact of Terminators.

WTF is a TOK-175?

Why does everybody make this mistake over and over again? When Kyle is educating Sarah in T1, he calls the Terminator "an infiltration unit", and then goes on to talk about how the 600 series had rubber skin and was easily spotted, but that the 800s were new and looked human. ^^^^ McG and all his bull^^^^! The only difference in James Cameron's T1 universe between the 600 and 800 was rubber ^^^^ing skin. Kyle spelled it out pretty clearly, but everybody keeps adding crap between the lines. 600 and 800 are no diff except the skin. McG can suck it.

You are right about Arnold calling himself a T-101 though. That was bad dialogue. As a machine he should have referred to himself as a T-800, Cyberdyne Systems model one ZERO one.

I'm not sure here if you're telling me I am making a mistake or if you're on my side and referring to people generally. Now the particular post of mine you quoted was from months ago, I'm not even sure if we knew what McG was going to do with the T-600 then but anway..yeah I know, there was never any indication that the T-600s were over 7 feet tall. But I did add 'at least in terms of its infiltration capabilities' - so thats not necessarily saying I subscribe to McGs vision of the 600s being much larger than Reese let on. I was allowing for the possibility that the 600s are the same as 800s but with inferior suitability for infiltrating the resistance.

Back