Die's Deadly Den of Dastardly Do-Overs !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, thanks guys! I forgot I had a thread in Show your Shelves, guess I should update more often!!!

as for the questions......

-The mold for those Batman figures are from the old model kits that somebody else recast & made into figures.

-I used 3 different heads for the 3 different Bionic Bigfoots pictured. One was from one the basic bbi figures sold at TRU and the other 2 were 2 different Power Team heads that I reworked. Bigfoot was played by 2 different guys (Ted "Lurch" Cassidy & Andre The Giant) I may make another to sell in the future.

-The basic V suits are from the classic 12" figure, I think LJN made them? I made the vest, helmet and gear for the V Shocktrooper.

-The Stormtrooper Luke head is from the Gentle Giant bust, I just did a complete repaint of it. It's my favorite Luke likeness!

-The Batty is a custom of mine using a Dragon body, Android figure clothes and a Frontline head that I added faux fur to for realistic hair.

and since I haven't updated in a while:

SHOWTIME'S "DEXTER":

dexter1.jpg

dexter2.jpg

dexter3.jpg

dexter4.jpg

thanks for the answers Die! never knew there were 12" "V" figs manufactured before. i'll keep a look out.

and DEXTER??!! gawd i love that show!!!! been watching from the start. fave of last year (that and Journeyman, bastards canceled it. grr). great figure! looks just like him. doesn't he usually wear that brownish thermal long sleeve shirt when he's "working"?

barryo - That's Chewbacca's cousin's cousin.:D Yes, this has been a hobby of mine for quite a few years now & I've spent quite a bit! I think my first real customs were in around '96 with comicbook characters, then wrestling figures followed up until around '99-'00 and then I got into 1:6 stuff from then on.

Mookey - I love the show & the books too, I even love the soundtrack. It's a great series. Yes, Dexter does usually wear the dark Henley when he's "working". I dressed him more along the lines of how he dresses during the day because that's all I had to work with in my parts bins. I have seen a few shirts that might work that I plan on tracking down.

Hopefully I'll be off of my "zombie kick" soon and get back into some full-fledged movie related figures again. My zombie army is here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30706

great work............i cant pick a fav but crispy anakin & dexter rank up there for me. they are all excellent no doubt. looking forward to more. :chew

Awesome showcase "die".

Love the Batty figure, may have to throw one together for my collection one day. One question though, what jacket did you use for Indy?

Hey Jeff aka "die"! How are you my friend? I haven't talked to you in a LONG time. I'm sorry. Great collection! I have a few questions for you. I'd love to get at least one Six-Million Dollar Man Lee Majors figure. What heads did you use for them? Did you cast them yourself? Let me know. Also, did you make/stitch the outfits? I would want to get him in his trademark red running suit like the old SMDM figure I used to have as a kid.

I also really like your "V" figures! Especially the "Willie" (Robert Englund)! Did you use a Sideshow Fred Kruger head for him? Please let me know how to make him, and the V figure with the torn skin. I'd love to have those someday.

I'm still working on making the entire main cast of ALIENS. I have Cpl. Dietrich, and Pvt. Frost almost done. I saw that Hot Toys will be making Predator figures later this year! I loved your custom Blaine and Mac figures I got outbid on on eBay. I think Hot Toys are making them. Let me know how you're doing. I'd enjoy hearing back from you. Once again you've done some GREAT custom work! :D

Awesome showcase "die".

Love the Batty figure, may have to throw one together for my collection one day. One question though, what jacket did you use for Indy?

Sorry I missed this question! That's the Relic Hunter jacket. I just removed the giant zipper.

I guess an update in here wouldn't hurt....

coll1-1.jpg

speed2.jpg

tony2.jpg

dmorgan1.jpg

coll2-1.jpg

Hello friends, does anyone know how I can contact this person? his nickname is : Die Saturn. He made these figures and I need to talk to him. Urgently !!!

Hello friends, does anyone know how I can contact this person? his nickname is : Die Saturn. He made these figures and I need to talk to him. Urgently !!! [email protected]

Wow, it was crazy to see this thread again. My collection is certainly different now!

Back