1/6 Did Your '89 Batmobile Arrive Damaged?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did your '89 Batmobile arrive damaged?

• Yes, my '89 Batmobile arrived damaged.

Votes: 93 42.7%
  • No, my '89 Batmobile arrived without damage.

Votes: 125 57.3%

• Total voters
picked mines up yesterday from echo base toys....I was able to examine and am pleased to say that there is no damage.

Hi guys,

New member here. New to the hot toys hobby as well. My 1989 batmobile arrived yesterday and thankfully no scratches, I think. I inspected it briefly.

It didn't arrive without problems though. An edge on the main panel at the rear is dented. It's on the edge next to the smaller rear panel that can open up, on the right side. If you run your fingers along that area you can feel a 'bump' leading up to the inner side of the 'wing'.

Does anyone else have this issue? I've contacted the retailer to see what my options are. I'm worried that if they offer a replacement that the replacement might arrive scratched. I'll see what they say first.

Edited: Here are some photos of the problem;
View attachment 67818
View attachment 67819
View attachment 67820

Last edited:
So Mine arrived today, I am going to say yes to mine arriving damaged.

Just an update on this, my local store returned it and gave me a new one.

New one is perfect, so happy. Need to put it under glass now

Last edited:
Hi guys,

New member here. New to the hot toys hobby as well. My 1989 batmobile arrived yesterday and thankfully no scratches, I think. I inspected it briefly.

It didn't arrive without problems though. An edge on the main panel at the rear is dented. It's on the edge next to the smaller rear panel that can open up, on the right side. If you run your fingers along that area you can feel a 'bump' leading up to the inner side of the 'wing'.

Does anyone else have this issue? I've contacted the retailer to see what my options are. I'm worried that if they offer a replacement that the replacement might arrive scratched. I'll see what they say first.

View attachment 67818
View attachment 67819
View attachment 67820
I think that was the same one that was discussed earlier, about a month ago. you will probably notice it on the other side as well. Every one has those two bumps. It's like a change in the angle.

Got my second one today. I'm 2 for 2 with perfect mobiles.

But, SS being a collector manufacturer, they sure don't take care. The mobile that came today had the blue plastic in between the car and cocoon, but both had greasy *** finger prints all over. A bad retape job, that left the black box with a 1/2 inch gap, and and inch gap in the shipper top.

Hi guys,

View attachment 67818
View attachment 67819
View attachment 67820

Yep, I first discovered mine has that too. Probably has something to do with supports on the wings. I think of it like a strut bar of some sort.

Got my second one today. I'm 2 for 2 with perfect mobiles.

But, SS being a collector manufacturer, they sure don't take care. The mobile that came today had the blue plastic in between the car and cocoon, but both had greasy *** finger prints all over. A bad retape job, that left the black box with a 1/2 inch gap, and and inch gap in the shipper top.

I think I'm going to go to a retailer for mine. $700+ still has me debating it even though I need it. $629 is better but not the best for just a large vehicle.

Also, how are you guys protecting it if it's not on display? Just the plastic bag method? Or a cloth / bubblewrap / sheet of some kind? From the images here, it looks like the box carton packaging is built taking the shield into consideration.

after seeing the poll results for the first time in about 2 months i'm stunned to see the percentage of damaged batmobiles increase to the point where its almost caught up with those who recieved theirs in perfect condition.

Its clearly a hit and miss situation in regards to whether you get a perfect Batmobile or not :(

found some hairline scratches. is this normal cause im not that happy. will you guys accept this?

Last edited:
You can't even see that hair line scratch in every other pic. I'd say it's inevitable given the size and sheen of this thing.

You can't even see that hair line scratch in every other pic. I'd say it's inevitable given the size and sheen of this thing.

so should i just accept it? am i just over reacting to it? its not deep but its a 4 inch scratch

Last edited:
You'll probably find that unless you never touch your Batmobile again when on display that its inevitable your car will attain scratches/marks regardless. Unfortunately because of the car being made out of what it is, a simple knock or wipe with a cloth could create a scratch similiar to those you have shown.

I sometimes think that the more careful you are with a particular piece that you end up always doing something to it, whether it be trying to clean it or move it into position, etc...and end up doing a mischief to it :(

Put it this way, after seeing some of the bad cases of damage on this thread and the others, it could have been a lot worse. I'd say keep it :)

You'll probably find that unless you never touch your Batmobile again when on display that its inevitable your car will attain scratches/marks regardless. Unfortunately because of the car being made out of what it is, a simple knock or wipe with a cloth could create a scratch similiar to those you have shown.

I sometimes think that the more careful you are with a particular piece that you end up always doing something to it, whether it be trying to clean it or move it into position, etc...and end up doing a mischief to it :(

Put it this way, after seeing some of the bad cases of damage on this thread and the others, it could have been a lot worse. I'd say keep it :)

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

Just now noticed this thread. Mine arrived without any damage and it was shipped from SSC. Mine never had a plastic bag put under the armor for more protection. Got lucky, I guess.

Back