Did you PO The Man-Thing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you PO The Man-Thing?

• Yes

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Want to find it cheaper elsewhere

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
I've been asking for Man-Thing from the beginning. Do I wish it was less expensive? Yes! Did I order it? Yes! And I hope the edition size comes in at 100 or less! :chew :chew :chew

I've been asking for Man-Thing from the beginning. Do I wish it was less expensive? Yes! Did I order it? Yes! And I hope the edition size comes in at 100 or less! :chew :chew :chew

That's why a few of us did order, and the fact that it isn't anywhere near <100 is a good indication this will be 2-3-4X that EX, sadly.

I know others don't agree, but I can almost justify the price if I know it's a (more) LIMITED item. Shoot, if you're going to sell a $500 PF, make the ES like black beard, which is what we were all hoping for on Abomination, and some may still be hoping for on Man Thing, although I really doubt this ES being anything less than 350 by now, especially with a limit of 2 per order.

Sideshow needs to pay the sculpture, their employees, lease, business, etc...so they got to make money from selling these statues. My guess no way they'll produce 100. My guess about 300-400...

500 x 100 = $50,000
500 x 200 = $100,000
500 x 300 = $150,000

It doesn't matter if they make 100 of these if there's no interest for it. If only 100 people in this world want this piece, then they won't be able to sell it. :) Also, it's already $500 + shipping costs. For California folks, it's $600 already. I think i'll rather buy 2 LOTR Berzerker Premium Format :)

Sideshow needs to pay the sculpture, their employees, lease, business, etc...so they got to make money from selling these statues. My guess no way they'll produce 100. My guess about 300-400...

500 x 100 = $50,000
500 x 200 = $100,000
500 x 300 = $150,000

It doesn't matter if they make 100 of these if there's no interest for it. If only 100 people in this world want this piece, then they won't be able to sell it. :) Also, it's already $500 + shipping costs. For California folks, it's $600 already.

Sounds about right...an es of 100 sounds pretty much out of the question. 350 sounds about right. :google

no one in this thread has said you are not a true real marvel fan for not liking the man-thing comiquette. not all releases are for everyone. get over it.:rolleyes:

I never said in this thread, but it's been said. Maybe you should check your facts there, bud.

If $500 dollars (before shipping cost) is the new norm for PF's and Comiquettes then Sideshow has effectively shut out a great deal of collectors. I just can't see this piece selling well at this price, Manthing is just not that popular. I would drop $500 on a PF or comiquette if it were Thanos or Classic Juggernaut or another such character.

Will people buy this sculpt? Sure, Manthing does have some fans who will pay this with no problem and flippers will buy it as well, hoping to make a profit later on down the road. I see a lot of second chance pieces and price reductions after all is said and done.

no one in this thread has said you are not a true real marvel fan for not liking the man-thing comiquette. not all releases are for everyone. get over it.:rolleyes:

Geez someones getting defensive over man-thing. You know he isn't real right? Just a fictious character. :rotfl

This thread is asking a question and people are simply answering it.

So STFU and "get over it." :rotfl

Oh wait I forgot the...." :rolleyes: "

I would assume it's just the fans that grew up in this Marvel era that it's a must. Newer collectors wouldn't have a clue. Or collectors that started collecting and have followed certain stories all the way up... like Namor to Iron Man.

Geez someones getting defensive over man-thing. You know he isn't real right? Just a fictious character. :rotfl

This thread is asking a question and people are simply answering it.

So STFU and "get over it." :rotfl

Oh wait I forgot the...." :rolleyes: "

no defensiveness here, i feel great i'm getting a killer statue 4thQ . SO STFU weiner breath.:rotfl

Didn't order it. No room for him. Already have Thing and Hulk taking up a hell of a lot of space in my room.

Back