Did Someone Say, Transformers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader AL said:
yeah i noticed that.

all I really know is G1 too and was looking to get some DVD's...any suggestions, I don't know where to start with all the various "wars", etc.

I recommend Beast Wars, Cybertron,and Armada.

Beast Wars was by far the best non-G1 series. Superior writing and character development makes this series great. Also the few connections to the G1 universe makes it great for old scool G1 fans to enjoy.

Armada is good if you can get past the first 12 to 15 episodes. :monkey3 The overall series is good but the first handful of episodes are just godawful garbage. :monkey4

Last edited:
Bonehead15 said:
Beast Wars was by far the best non-G1 series. Superior writing and character development makes this series great. Also the few connections to the G1 universe makes it great for old scool G1 fans to enjoy.
I've heard a lot of good things about Beast Wars, I might just check it out.

I love beast wars!!!!!!!!!!!! i dunno why but i just love it!!!!not many people do but its awesome!!! especialy when they come face to face with G1 transformers!!

Vader AL said:
yeah i've noticed there are a bunch of different ones on the G1's...which ones are the best to buy? individually, Season 1, 2, etc. or is there a box set besides the one from China?
The only one's out there are the Rhino DVD's here in the U.S. and the box set in China. I heard that they may be re-releasing the G1 Series again because of the Live movie. You can find the Rhino DVD's on ebay, I have the whole series and they are awesome!

Ok, just what is this G1 and G2 you speak of??? Generation 1 and 2? Meaning different designs or something? I know absolutely nothing of Transformers... after my time as a kid.

Vader AL said:
yeah i noticed that.

all I really know is G1 too and was looking to get some DVD's...any suggestions, I don't know where to start with all the various "wars", etc.

I wish I could help. I don't know anything about the Transformers canon outside G1 and some of G2. I wish the Region 1 G1 Transformers DVDs didn't blows SO HARD! Geez. *sigh*

Maybe we will see some a special feature-laden box set coming soon to coincide with the Transformers movie. Then again maybe not. Stupid Rhino.

Great collection! But I don't see a Masterpiece Megatron there--- I hope that he's on the way...

The ill Jedi said:
I've heard a lot of good things about Beast Wars, I might just check it out.

PLEASE DO!!!:D You will not be disapointed.

I will dare say that it's even better than G1. The whole series is just awesome. The story editing and writing alone are just as good as the DC Animated series. Since there isn't 200 different characters like in G1, Beast Wars actually had great character development which makes the series my personal favorite series ever. The whole BW crew were old school G1 fans so they treated the series with respect towards the G1 stuff.

I don't want to ruin it for you but GO BUY THE DVDS!! By the start of season 3 you'll know what I mean. :D

Bonehead15 said:
PLEASE DO!! You will not be disapointed.

I will dare say that it's even better than G1. The whole series is just awesome. The story editing and writing alone are just as good as the DC Animated series. Since there isn't 200 different characters like in G1, Beast Wars actually had great character development which makes the series my personal favorite series ever. The whole BW crew were old school G1 fans so they treated the series with respect towards the G1 stuff.

I don't want to ruin it for you but GO BUY THE DVDS!! By the start of season 3 you'll know what I mean. :D
:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

The ill Jedi said:
Those be the ones Al, that's a decent price for the whole series too!

Sorry for the late reply man. :eek:

If you can Al get the China 20th Anniversary set.

The quality is much better than the Rhino versions and it's also much cheaper. Rhino used really awful prints to make their DVDs but the Chinese set uses "cleaned" cells. The Sony G1 set was suppossed to use these cleaned versions but now the set is in limbo.

Here's an update on the Sony G1 set.
https://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6530

https://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7039

Flint Dile did commentary tracks for about 15 episodes so Sony has already spent money on the set so I think eventually we'll see the set. Maybe when the TF movie comes to DVD?

The ill Jedi said:
Those be the ones Al, that's a decent price for the whole series too!

Sorry for the late reply man. :eek:

Thanks! I think I'll buy them individually...just won season one off of the bay. can't wait, haven't seen these since I was 8 i think.

I have the Prowl already since he's the coolest Transformer ever, but where can I get the one with Wheelie? He was my first Transformer (I got it when I was 4 and still have it) but he's not in very good condition; I'd love to get a brand new one. Where can I pick one up for a decent price?

Bonehead15 said:
If you can Al get the China 20th Anniversary set.
What Region are these Mark?
Vader AL said:
Thanks! I think I'll buy them individually...just won season one off of the bay. can't wait, haven't seen these since I was 8 i think.
Sweet!! :rock

Just to have these on DVD was enough for me!!

i know the Chinese version has the menus in Mandarin Chinese and the books with it are all in Mandarin but which version, Chinese or Rhino, has the better picture quality?

Vader AL said:
i know the Chinese version has the menus in Mandarin Chinese and the books with it are all in Mandarin but which version, Chinese or Rhino, has the better picture quality?

Chinese by far is better.

Ill they are region free. You can usually find a set for about $100 if you look really hard.

Nowadays on ebay they go for over $150. Just a few months ago they were selling for less than $50.

Back