DiD Lord of the Rings - wave 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the damn armor that is the real roadblock here. I'd get a sculptor going yesterday if I knew how/where to get armor bits to cobble together a custom.

Maybe I should take another look at some of the DML/Ignite Viking and knights figures -- maybe the armor can be "adjusted".

Exactly what I've been thinking. DML Olaf doesn't have much in the way of armour except the coat of mail and helm. Besides the mail armour they each come with, the two Timeline knights have plate armour that might be useful for either Gondor or Rohan warriors. If reworked, maybe for Ringwraiths too.

Ignite has quite a few figures that might provide useful pieces. I only have the vikings at the moment, and their mail coats are made of fabric similar to Boromir's. The helms are made of real metal and are a little on the heavy side, but still worth considering, especially for Rohan warriors.

I'm afraid uruk and orc armour will probably have to be fabricated, though. If DiD had made even a couple of those orcs it would've at least provided something to start with.

Sorry for the necroposting, but do you have better resolution pics of these Dave?
I'm thinking about making my own custom Orcs and the references would be great help!

Thanks.

I actually have a catalog that has the prototypes on the back. I'll see about scanning it possibly Monday and posting images for us to cry over :lol.

I'd really like to see those too. Still very much interested in customizing some orcs and uruks one of these days... maybe those pics will give us some good ideas.

This is the back of the catalog that came with my legolas
lastscan.jpg

^ great pic :rock:rock and even though they look kinda ruff, i still would have bought them all :banghead

Back