DID Corp: Saving Private Ryan: Private Jackson 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was something that was on my radar, but I just never made the time to watch it. You sir may be the devil in disguise. Opening doors I may not want to venture into for financial reasons.

No time to argue, just jump!

para GIF.jpg

SPR hasn't aged well in terms of pacing and storytelling. It's still a great movie, but it suffers from being a feature film imo - Spielberg can't resist the saccharine and sentimental moments that are key to box-office success. The longer-form narrative of BoB is perfect for drawing out events and moments so that sentimentality isn't needed for disposition or amplifying the narrative. As @FlyAndFlight says, each episode is absorbing and invites reflection before moving on to the next. It could have been made yesterday, it holds up just as well today as when it was released.

I'm in.

Band of Brothers looks like something I would love. It's right up my alley. Then it would become another set of figures I'd want to add to my list. It's a never ending cycle.

Finally I got my 5 thread up, so I can share my FP version of sniper here,
In general I really like the head and the stand, FP switched to COO body which is much better in quality, but to get the vest fit better I had removed part of the chest by grinding it.
The original post was on BBICN

015544yggu1g6budmizpum.jpg

015540xvb07lmuuufmulml.jpg

015549cc9z9irhcs4xut0r.jpg

015649u8x8z9wpeppvvrl3.jpg

015700g6lgqj2kqxpye0p3.jpg

015701uzd36y6wkw5p7zg8.jpg

I had this one pre-ordered and then cancelled it, as I just didn't like the head sculpt. I think I prefer the DID sculpt better but haven't pre-ordered it yet.

I'm still missing Caparzo. Have it on pre-order from MOAF who show it with a release timeframe of 1st QTR 2021 but it released last year. So unless DID is doing a second release, I don't have much hope that it will be fulfilled. If that's the case, I won't continue with the line, as I don't want to be missing any of the major squad members. Hopefully it will be re-released and soon.

I'm in.

Band of Brothers looks like something I would love. It's right up my alley. Then it would become another set of figures I'd want to add to my list. It's a never ending cycle.

Have you finally watched "Band of Brothers"? And yep, once you do, you'll be rushing to pre-order the FacePool "Winters" figure! (...get the deluxe...) :wink1:

EDIT: As I mentioned in the FacePool "Upham" figure thread, I just pre-ordered the DiD "Jackson" figure... and Upham...

I've seen the first two episodes. I can see how addictive it can be. It is right up my alley. I'm going finish the series but stay away from the figures. I can not fall down that rabbit hole. You stop being an enabler. Damn figure pushers. I've got enough vices.

I'm tempted with the Facepool Upham. It's really good. If I do get him it will be the Special Edition. Right now I'm not sure Mellish (complete) will be made by either company. Jackson for me is DID's version. Facepool's just isn't better sculpt-wise.

I've seen the first two episodes. I can see how addictive it can be. It is right up my alley. I'm going finish the series but stay away from the figures. I can not fall down that rabbit hole. You stop being an enabler. Damn figure pushers. I've got enough vices.

I'm tempted with the Facepool Upham. It's really good. If I do get him it will be the Special Edition. Right now I'm not sure Mellish (complete) will be made by either company. Jackson for me is DID's version. Facepool's just isn't better sculpt-wise.

:rotfl :duff

It is inevitable...

I think you may be right about Mellish, which would be a shame. I surely hope that we get Horvath, Wade and Pvt. Ryan.

Good point but BoB just holds a more special place in my heart. Knowing that it is based on real soldiers and their stories, just makes it even better.

Plus, so many actors came out of BoB who are now quite famous.

I think the feelings you have for BoB are the feelings I have for SPR. Right now it is really clear in my mind SPR is the way to go for me. There is no doubt in my mind SPR over BoB. Granted, I have not seen the whole series. No connection for me. I want to keep telling myself that.:nono

Surprising yes, but grateful. It's a good sign we might get the full team. Mellish's sculpt throws a wrench in the process, however.

Which version did people end up ordering of this? Seems like a mixed bag when reading through the comments. Sculpt seems to be better on DiD's version as FlyAndFight pointed out. Was leaning towards ordering that one based on that.

Wasn't going to go into SPR hoping that Facepool would go deeper in Band of Brothers, as they indicated. But, I missed out on Miller, so I'll probably order Jackson and Upham and just keep them in box until I know what's going on with the BoB line. Can always sell the SPR ones if there's a lot of BoB figures I can turn into a nice display.

I had originally pre-ordered the Facepool one but once DID announced theirs and I saw the head sculpt, I preferred the DID sculpt so cancelled the FP and pre-ordered the DID.

It looks like I missed out on the DID Caparzo so may just build a custom, as there are plenty of Vince D. sculpts available and the uniform/gear should be available, as well.

I too would prefer a BoB line but who knows how that line will extend, if at all, past Winters.

I got the DID Miller last week. Opened for a quick inspection, it's an AMAZING figure. Paint apps, tailoring, the endless accessories...my FOTY for sure.

Back