Diane Kamhele Memorial Auction: Redeemed Anakin Skywalker 12" Prototype

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So would Hitler be given amnesty if he helped bring down Germany in the end?

This parallel is flawed. In a Nazi scenario analogy Vader wouldn't have been Hitler by far. The Emperor would take that role and Vader would be a high ranking official. Has the Allies captured a high ranking official that would have led to finding and capturing Hitler back in the 40s, they would have absolutely allowed him to live and even given him amnesty in exchange for the help to finding the major objective. Countries do it all the time within war situations.

I still can't believe this ended for more than 4K.

This parallel is flawed. In a Nazi scenario analogy Vader wouldn't have been Hitler by far. The Emperor would take that role and Vader would be a high ranking official. Has the Allies captured a high ranking official that would have led to finding and capturing Hitler back in the 40s, they would have absolutely allowed him to live and even given him amnesty in exchange for the help to finding the major objective. Countries do it all the time within war situations.

I still can't believe this ended for more than 4K.

Mike speaks the truth :lecture

Re: Redeemed Anakin Skywalker Darth Vader 12-inch Figure Prototype

Great googly-moogly! I figured this was a 2K tops item... either someone really loves "white Vader" or is incredibly generous; or maybe both.

Re: Redeemed Anakin Skywalker Darth Vader 12-inch Figure Prototype

Great googly-moogly! I figured this was a 2K tops item... either someone really loves "white Vader" or is incredibly generous; or maybe both.

Can't see the auction. How much did it sell for ?

Is it? I remember reading somewhere that you cannot write off something for charity if you receive physical goods for your donation. That's why KQED and places like that give their items "free" so that you can deduct your donation amount...if so then someone just bought a 5K figure and that's it.

No, you can't write it off. It was addressed way back when the first auction was held. You are not donating to a charity, you are buying an item at auction. Thats where your role ends, what is done with the money you spent on the item is irrelevant. Also your cash donation has to go to an approved by the IRS nonprofit group for you to write it off. There is a ____ ton of hoops to jump through to write donations off, and buying a Darth Vader doll on ebay is not gonna cut it :lol

that's one hell of a tax write off :monkey1

Is it? I remember reading somewhere that you cannot write off something for charity if you receive physical goods for your donation. That's why KQED and places like that give their items "free" so that you can deduct your donation amount...if so then someone just bought a 5K figure and that's it.

No, you can't write it off. It was addressed way back when the first auction was held. You are not donating to a charity, you are buying an item at auction. Thats where your role ends, what is done with the money you spent on the item is irrelevant. Also your cash donation has to go to an approved by the IRS nonprofit group for you to write it off. There is a ____ ton of hoops to jump through to write donations off, and buying a Darth Vader doll on ebay is not gonna cut it :lol

tax law does, however, let you write off your hobby if you spend in excess of 400$ a year on it.

granted, you're not getting the full amount, it's a percentage of it, but there is always that.

Back