Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they wrote them. They crafted all the scenes that turned Dexter into an idiot, and let him let loose unnecessarily.

This show is supposed to be about a murderer you root for. I don't mind them changing gears, but I wish they did it more naturally.

No comments on last night then?

So...anyone else think that the person wearing the blue glove and holding the gun in the video was Vogel?

I suspect she's gone insane herself and this whole thing is part of some twisted experiment, as Dexter himself was.

I know of someone who has seen the first four episodes and he says so far the writing is 100% "on". So he has high hopes for the remainder.

Season 8 started OK. I think the Deb downward spiral is a bit over the top. And now a secret mentor pops up out of no where? I guess I can accept Vogel's character easily. I just think the show has overstayed it's welcome to be honest. Season 2 and 4 were my favorites. One thing I can say is I can't make heads or tails of where this season is going and I like that.

And without a doubt in my mind Vogel is using Dexter and she's probably another secret villain. She's probably going to end up writing a book on her creation Dexter.

Wow, I just realized I haven't been in here in a while.

So yeah, this season has started off pretty nicely I guess. A few random observations.......

- Nice to see more of Jamie, if you know what I mean :hi5:

- Dexter looks "bigger", like more mass. His neck and chest look a bit bigger this season to me.

- Again, sometimes I wonder if Quinn won't be the one to solve this whole thing. They seem to continue to find ways to make him seem important to the overall story (they have teased us so much about him since season 3, like is he good or is he bad). A part of me doesn't want to buy into it because it could be a ploy. I learned that from season 3 with him being under investigation and all that lead nowhere.

- Vogel is an interesting character. I just hope they don't make her a bad guy, to me that would be very predictible. It's like everybody that Dexter befriends becomes a killer, they really need to change things up. I can't lie, I find myself interested in seeing what happens with her. Did I read somebody say she was the Borg Queen? She wasn't the Borg Queen, that was a different actress...which I find funny, because I thought for sure she was the same chick who played Holly in They Live, lol.

- I don't really like Debra's boss.

- I agree with the earlier statements about the direction of Deb's character, it's a bit extreme... the cocaine and murder and stuff. I don't know, I'll give it some time and see what happens but it's a bit extreme.

I guess my favorite part about this season is that the possibilities seem limitless, they could go anywhere with it. I just hope they don't make it predictible. The whole Doomsday Killer thing was soooooo predictible, it really killed the spirit of the show (especially after the whole Miguel Prado going psycho thing).

As it stands right now, you could put Seasons 1,2 and 4 together and pretty much have a solid series. Everything else feels like fan fiction or something.

^^I too thought Dr. Vogel looked like Holly/"They Live" at first, but certainly not now

Charlotte Rambling
10093433_ori.jpg

Meg Foster
MV5BMTU3NzE4ODQ4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc2MzcxOA@@._V1._SY314_CR29,0,214,314_.jpg

Time has not been kind to Meg Foster, sadly.

Indeed.

Remember the scene in ET where Gerty dresses ET up?

now imagine that happening to Gollum and you got Meg Foster now.

Great episide...Deb is really unraveling.

Okay, on a side note ...Does anyone think Deb's boss is up to something too. He keeps giving her those drinks and he asks too many questions like who's she sleeping with. Hmmmmmmm...weird.

Great episide...Deb is really unraveling.

Okay, on a side note ...Does anyone think Deb's boss is up to something too. He keeps giving her those drinks and he asks too many questions like who's she sleeping with. Hmmmmmmm...weird.

It is almost too much of a red herring with the focus they've put on those drinks. So I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be nothing.

And I know what they're going for with her character, but holy **** is Deb annoying this season. When she's on screen, it's the worst part of the show for me.

Also, I'm really not a fan of the Code's retconning with the doctor.

Back