Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read the guy playing Louis had to leave because of another commitment he had?
Which really pisses me off because if you are going to sign on for Dexter why do that? if that was the case wtf was he doing in the show to begin with?
That's what I read about it. I don't know.

Most of the time actors parts are advertised as "looking for person to play X, with a chance of becoming a recurring role." It is very rare that a player is added to a show with the showrunners and actors knowing that it is a long term commitment (say, Kirstie Alley on Cheers). The actor may not work out, the writers may not know what to do with the character, the fans may just not take to the new character (see Poochie). Most actors are thrilled to have a job with a recurring paycheck, but they are always going to look for something that either pays them better or raises their profile. The actor who plays Louis either had an offer for a bigger role in a series or in a film, at a time when Dexter was not willing to commit to the character long term.

Deb shot her because she loves Dex too much.

And because the ***** was pressuring her into turning on her brother. Maria knew too much. Deb probably would have preferred to chase Dexter off, but Maria would have turned Deb in if she let Dexter go.

And I have to say I'm not 100% sold on Hannah poisoning Deb. I'm not in denial - I know what was shown and said, but I'm not convinced she's being honest with Dexter here. At this point, Dexter was convinced she poisoned Deb, and wasn't going to be talked out of it. So she doesn't fight it, but still shifts the conversation to the main issue - Dex having to choose between her and Deb.

And I have to say I'm not 100% sold on Hannah poisoning Deb. I'm not in denial - I know what was shown and said, but I'm not convinced she's being honest with Dexter here. At this point, Dexter was convinced she poisoned Deb, and wasn't going to be talked out of it. So she doesn't fight it, but still shifts the conversation to the main issue - Dex having to choose between her and Deb.

That's the feeling I got as well.

GPS. Once you use it in a story, you can't un-use it.

LaGuerta had a pending subpoena for the GPS logs from Dex and Debs cell phone providers. Is that not going to be a red flag later?

If Deb can call Miami PD switchboard and get a GPS on LaGuetra don't you think someone will go back to that info in the next few days?

Think of all the times that Dexter has accessed restricted files on criminals using his work account only days before that criminal mysteriously vanishes.

So far no one has traces those back.

Can Masuka please do something that makes him a respectable character again?
x2 for Quinn. Im going to be pissed if the only thing they do with him on the show next year is him hooking up with Angel's sister.

Does anyone else thinks the scene where Laguerta woke up is really in Deb's mind? I felt so firstly because the whole scene was so surreal. And the way Dexter and Laguerta was speaking with Deb is like the classic angel and devil battle of conscience.

And when Deb finally did shot Maria, she slouch back into the exact same position that she was at when she was unconscious.

Don't get me wrong, Deb definitely did shot and killed Maria but I am sure Maria never did regain consciousness.

Think of all the times that Dexter has accessed restricted files on criminals using his work account only days before that criminal mysteriously vanishes.

So far no one has traces those back.

:lecture

If LaGuerta had really wanted to build something on Dexter she could have his computer monitored. She probably wouldn't even need a warrant to make it happen.

This.

In a more smartly written show, you would know that this is what they were going for, but considering how one-dimensional the writing is, I just don't give the writers that much credit to leave that thread dangling there. I think you just have to take everything the characters say at face value.

It makes more sense that Deb dosed herself, but I think they're just not going to introduce that wrinkle.

That's the main thing that bugs me about how this show has aged, this may just be rose-colored glasses, but I feel this show was smarter when it was younger. It was about exploring the ambiguity, and exploring how Dexter tried to mimic what normal people act like, and it was a commentary on how society acted. I feel like it used to have 'layers', now it's just like "Yup, he's a serial killer, and he works for the police. Here's his wacky hijinks". I think they somewhat addressed that last night, when Dexter told Harry that his life isn't fake anymore, and what he used to pretend to be, he now is, but I'm not sure if they were using that to explain the shift over the last few years or if they were just trying to raise the stakes.

Everyone is indeed looking at the earlier seasons with rose tinted glases. I was watching all the early seasons about three months back and the writing has always been flawed, full of convenient moments and plots that just seem to never really branch out or just forgotten.

It's one of my favourite show out there but this ain't no Battlestar Galactica.

Everyone is indeed looking at the earlier seasons with rose tinted glases. I was watching all the early seasons about three months back and the writing has always been flawed, full of convenient moments and plots that just seem to never really branch out or just forgotten.

It's one of my favourite show out there but this ain't no Battlestar Galactica.

Something I've always be meaning to watch.

I keep seeing all this convo about Deb "poisoning" herself and what not.. and I seriously don't get it. Hannah dosed her water. The reason she didn't kick the bucket is because Hannah switched up her M.O. and spiked Deb's water with sleep meds instead of poison.

The conflict with that whole situation was simple: Hannah was willing to put Dexter above everything else. But Dexter wasn't willing to do the same for her i.e. he chose his sister over Hannah.

In case you guys haven't noticed, Deb is a TERRIBLE liar. :lol

Watch the scene with LaGuerta and how she stumbles and gets flustered. Actually watch any scene with her lying (covering for Dexter in this season) and you can see the guilt all over her face. None of that was evident or present when she talked to Dexter in the hospital and accused Hannah.

When Dexter asked Hannah about it in prison she could've easily continued the lie she had been telling since the first time Dexter asked about it. But she didn't. Also keep in mind, she was arrested for killing that douchy writer NOT for poisoning Deb. Hannah doesn't even know that Dexter had Deb's water tested and has proof it was spiked. So there was no reason for her to say she did it unless it was the truth.

Love Doakes. He was always one of my favorites.

As for this season, it was really all over the place. One of my least favorites for sure, even though I loved Hannah and Ray Stevenson's character.

I keep seeing all this convo about Deb "poisoning" herself and what not.. and I seriously don't get it. Hannah dosed her water. The reason she didn't kick the bucket is because Hannah switched up her M.O. and spiked Deb's water with sleep meds instead of poison.

The conflict with that whole situation was simple: Hannah was willing to put Dexter above everything else. But Dexter wasn't willing to do the same for her i.e. he chose his sister over Hannah.

In case you guys haven't noticed, Deb is a TERRIBLE liar. :lol

Watch the scene with LaGuerta and how she stumbles and gets flustered. Actually watch any scene with her lying (covering for Dexter in this season) and you can see the guilt all over her face. None of that was evident or present when she talked to Dexter in the hospital and accused Hannah.

When Dexter asked Hannah about it in prison she could've easily continued the lie she had been telling since the first time Dexter asked about it. But she didn't. Also keep in mind, she was arrested for killing that douchy writer NOT for poisoning Deb. Hannah doesn't even know that Dexter had Deb's water tested and has proof it was spiked. So there was no reason for her to say she did it unless it was the truth.

For everyone who is still under the impression Deb framed Hannah just read this until you're convinced. Jesus.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Deb claimed Hannah poisoned her.

Hannah admitted she poisoned Deb.

I don't really get how there can be any more debate over this.

Deb might be an entirely different person now in many respects, but totaling her car and leaving a water bottle full of xanax inside hoping no one trashes it until Dex finds it and tests for Xanax which somehow she knows that he knows is just too convoluted a mousetrap to set. If she had used a simpler method that didn't include somehow destroying her own property or risking bodily injury, I might have bought it. As it stands it was another unintended (or was it?) red herring in the mix. Par for the course. Let's move on.

Back