Dexter Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easily one of the better seasons imo. That ending :horror Honestly what I thought was going to happen is Deb runs into the shipyard as Dexter is about to shoot Laguerta and the he turns and shoots Deb on instinct not realizing it is Deb, but I'm glad thats not what happened :lol

Jennifer Carpenter has been phenomenal this season imo, loved her improved running to Leguerta.

Epic finale

Her running to Laguerta really sold the scene much better than her just shooting her. It was as if it was a reaction to protect her brother followed by instant regret.

Surprise M*ther*****ers! They stuck the landing!

(No **** - SPOILERS follow)

And who would have thought killing Maria could deliver such an emotional punch?

Honestly I have no idea where they go from here. Obviously Maria's disappearance will point directly to Dexter (and perhaps Deb). Will they stay? Will they run?

How does Deb respond to the shooting? Will she snap? Will she lapse further into depression?

The warrants were still filled out and signed. Will a judge conveniently forget what they were about?

And, surprise, surprise, Hannah is still on the loose. Will she run (as Dexter should have), or will she hang around as a wild card?

Estrada's body has Laguerta's gun's bullet ballistics in it. Laguerta is probably in the ocean right now. As far as her warrants I'm sure Dexter cleaned that up. Everyone already thinks Laguerta was nuts formulating theories. Her killing Estrada is a likely out for the judge to disregard it. It looks like Laguerta killed him to frame Dexter. She also had him paroled. She's f'ed.

Last edited:
Well, having successfully stayed out of the forums this season to formulate my own opinions. . . it didn't really change. I feel like the writers leave things open like they're going to come back to it, but they never do so it just ends up being this plot hole.

Like, it seemed obvious that Deb dosed herself to frame Hannah. As she said if she was really trying to kill Deb, she wouldn't have screwed up. Then nothing really ever came of it, and then tonight, Hannah didn't really admit she did it, but she didn't deny it either.

Having Doakes back tonight really made it seem like the writers made a mistake killing him off so early in the series.

And having Louis go absolutely nowhere, and he ends up just being a dude giving Dex a hard time. . . WTF?!?!?

Having said all that, I will still be interested in how they wrap all of this up

Well, having successfully stayed out of the forums this season to formulate my own opinions. . . it didn't really change. I feel like the writers leave things open like they're going to come back to it, but they never do so it just ends up being this plot hole.

Like, it seemed obvious that Deb dosed herself to frame Hannah. As she said if she was really trying to kill Deb, she wouldn't have screwed up. Then nothing really ever came of it, and then tonight, Hannah didn't really admit she did it, but she didn't deny it either.

Having Doakes back tonight really made it seem like the writers made a mistake killing him off so early in the series.

And having Louis go absolutely nowhere, and he ends up just being a dude giving Dex a hard time. . . WTF?!?!?

Having said all that, I will still be interested in how they wrap all of this up

I read the guy playing Louis had to leave because of another commitment he had?
Which really pisses me off because if you are going to sign on for Dexter why do that? if that was the case wtf was he doing in the show to begin with?
That's what I read about it. I don't know.

Also It has been said that Doakes being on for more than 2 seasons could get lame because how many times can Doakes say "I'm watching you" and not catch Dexter, I think it was Michael C. Hall the one that said it in an interview.

Also It has been said that Doakes being on for more than 2 seasons could get lame because how many times can Doakes say "I'm watching you" and not catch Dexter, I think it was Michael C. Hall the one that said it in an interview.

Not that I'm arguing your point, but I think that's just one of those things that has to be accepted, the fact that realistically how long could a serial killer operate inside a police department and not get caught?? You have to suspend your disbelief to even think the show could last longer than 2 or 3 seasons.

Oh well, I just hope Dex gets caught. Deb will probably flip out and confess and reveal everything. I just don't have any idea what will happen for the rest of the season. :lol

I'd just like to see Miami Metro smarten up and put the pieces together. Hopefully, it's Batista and Masuka who can fill in the blanks. I'd like to see Batista finally do something right, and go out on top. He seems like he's just failed his way through life. He seems like a great guy, but he's just had divorce after divorce, and now he's just like "fine, whatever, I'm retired". LaGuerta knew Doakes, and knew Doakes wasn't the Butcher, hopefully Batista knows LaGuerta and will be able to put it all together.

Not that I'm arguing your point, but I think that's just one of those things that has to be accepted, the fact that realistically how long could a serial killer operate inside a police department and not get caught?? You have to suspend your disbelief to even think the show could last longer than 2 or 3 seasons.

Oh well, I just hope Dex gets caught. Deb will probably flip out and confess and reveal everything. I just don't have any idea what will happen for the rest of the season. :lol

I'd just like to see Miami Metro smarten up and put the pieces together. Hopefully, it's Batista and Masuka who can fill in the blanks. I'd like to see Batista finally do something right, and go out on top. He seems like he's just failed his way through life. He seems like a great guy, but he's just had divorce after divorce, and now he's just like "fine, whatever, I'm retired". LaGuerta knew Doakes, and knew Doakes wasn't the Butcher, hopefully Batista knows LaGuerta and will be able to put it all together.

yeah that's what Michael said in the interview trying to explain why Doakes left. I think it was him. I agree that Doakes should have been at least 3 seasons in the show.

I really think Deb shooting her was a big mistake. Really big mistake, specially when Dexter was going to make it look like they killed each other. I don't know I feel like Deb shouldn't have done that, she didn't need to,

Did Laguerta had a gun in her hand? is that why Deb shot her? Did she got the gun after she woke up? I don't remember seeing her with the gun.

But she didn't have to since Dexter was going to fix it already. It is not like she Had to save Dexter or anything.

I think this turned out to be a really good season. I didn't guess that Deb would be the one to kill Laguerta; it makes me wonder if Deb's gun killing her will be a problem. Also I wonder if Matthews will be suspicious of Dexter now. And it will be interesting to see if Deb gets out of control or ends up becoming a serial killer as well.

I get the feeling Dexter won't get to live happily ever after and will end up dying at the end of the show, or at least he will have to leave the country.

I think this turned out to be a really good season. I didn't guess that Deb would be the one to kill Laguerta; it makes me wonder if Deb's gun killing her will be a problem. Also I wonder if Matthews will be suspicious of Dexter now. And it will be interesting to see if Deb gets out of control or ends up becoming a serial killer as well.

I get the feeling Dexter won't get to live happily ever after and will end up dying at the end of the show, or at least he will have to leave the country.

This is what I keep thinking about. I just hope they totally forget Deb used her gun since this show is horrible at keeping track of details like this.

Back