Media Detroit Become Human

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think I'm maybe 10 or so chapters away from finishing this. Reminds me of HUMANS on AMC. I do wish the game were a little longer, but I must say, I've really enjoyed it so far. The voice acting is superb. The atmosphere in the "From Death" chapter...damn. 10/10.

I also wish some of the chapters weren't timed - like, if you don't find the clues fast enough you fail the mission. For me, it makes it harder to just enjoy the graphics and take in the world. You've gotta stay focused. Not necessarily a bad thing, though.

Seen a few people complaining that it's not "intelligent," but, I mean... It's a straightforward, perfectly enjoyable story to me. Is it groundbreaking? No. But it's fun. What some people consider intelligent, I find convoluted. S2 of Westworld? Spare me. Reminded me of those obnoxious philosophy students in college who thought they were so fabulous. I don't really understand the complaints about it being a "feminist" or "SJW" game either, so I won't touch that with a 10ft pole. Just enjoy the dang robots.

I read some of the comments in this thread and have come to believe people crap on the game just because it's David Cage. I mean, there's a guy on here complaining about the graphics and facial animations! Very very hard to take that seriously. So yeah I think a lot of the hate is superfluous. I think it's the "popular" position to say these games are terrible.

Heck one guy didn't even know what he was getting into when he bought it. If I played a game before realizing I didn't like the gameplay, and found out there was a whole genre of games with said gameplay, I would just take it as it's just not for me. I wouldn't suggest how the gameplay "could" be better.

Sorry, I just find the constant bashing from the same people silly. These aren't your type of games. If David Cage is so terrible, then why continue to waste your time on his games? It's like hating FPS games and war games, but continuing to buy CoD every year and complaining that they never change it.

I’m assuming I’m the guy your referring to who “didn’t know what he was getting into”? Overall in the end I wound up enjoying the game and storyline, I agree with you that calling this game out on graphics and facial animations is way off because I was highly impressed with that aspect. Anyways not that I felt I needed to suddenly explain myself in a months old thread but I guess maybe I did because if that is indeed me who you are referring to you kind of paint me as an idiot. Anyways onto RDR2 and AC Odessey now.

Back