Media Detroit Become Human

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I was all excited for this game but it's sounding like the gameplay will be similar to The Order 1886 with a lot of QTE and limited actual control, I hope I'm just getting the wrong impression.

Not sure what you mean by going nowhere. It had a fantastic story with unique controls. Everyone always says David Cage is a hack. And I remember seeing something from the indigo prophecy on youtube that might support that theory, (I've never played indigo I just watched the beginning) but as far as what I've played David Cage has done right by me.

I loved Heavy Rain and I loved Beyond two souls. If Detoit is awesome, which according to his track record should be, then quantic dream will continue being one of my favorite studios.

Every game I've played of theirs they've nailed so I'm EXTREMY excited about this game! :wink1:

So I was all excited for this game but it's sounding like the gameplay will be similar to The Order 1886 with a lot of QTE and limited actual control, I hope I'm just getting the wrong impression.

I feel like there's a fair bit of gameplay with these games but if you're not a fan of classic point and click type of adventure games then you might not like it. See I grew up with good old P&C games so these are right up my alley. Some of my favorite games besides these, are King's quest, Telltale series games, Life is Strange and room escape games.

Well then that's too bad to hear because Beyond was a genuinely good game.

:lol it was probably one of the biggest letdowns I've ever had in gaming. Giving the story to the player out of order made no logical sense. There's nothing of value in it whatsoever. There's no big reveal that makes that disjointed path worth it.

And let's not forget the ****ing audacity to tease a sequel at the end of the game that never was going to get made.

Not sure what you mean by going nowhere. It had a fantastic story with unique controls. Everyone always says David Cage is a hack. And I remember seeing something from the indigo prophecy on youtube that might support that theory, (I've never played indigo I just watched the beginning) but as far as what I've played David Cage has done right by me.

I loved Heavy Rain and I loved Beyond two souls. If Detoit is awesome, which according to his track record should be, then quantic dream will continue being one of my favorite studios.

Every game I've played of theirs they've nailed so I'm EXTREMY excited about this game! :wink1:

I liked Heavy Rain a lot, but it's majorly flawed. His writing left immense plotholes in it. Namely having Ethan psychically connected to the killer 1/3 into the game and then he just abandons that subplot half way through :lol

Really? I played it for what seemed like forever before I realized it was going no where fast and gave up. In general that seems to be the feelings of most people I've talked to.

I stopped being invested in it half way through. Beat it once and never returned to it. Heavy Rain has problems, but at least your choices started have significance in it like a 1/3 the way through where as B2S is the same linear path until the final choice of the game.

:lol it was probably one of the biggest letdowns I've ever had in gaming. Giving the story to the player out of order made no logical sense. There's nothing of value in it whatsoever. There's no big reveal that makes that disjointed path worth it.

And let's not forget the ****ing audacity to tease a sequel at the end of the game that never was going to get made.

I liked Heavy Rain a lot, but it's majorly flawed. His writing left immense plotholes in it. Namely having Ethan psychically connected to the killer 1/3 into the game and then he just abandons that subplot half way through :lol

I stopped being invested in it half way through. Beat it once and never returned to it. Heavy Rain has problems, but at least your choices started have significance in it like a 1/3 the way through where as B2S is the same linear path until the final choice of the game.

It's hard for me to know what to tell ya cause it appears I just had a completely different experience with the game than you did. I had hugely high expectations going into the game and when I got it I was enthralled with the experience from beginning to end. It's just hard for me to understand your point of view when I walked away from it feeling like I played another gaming gem.

Have you ever experienced something that you VERY much enjoyed only to find out others have an extremely different view on it and you just wonder why you don't see it their way? That's Beyond for me.

I don't discredit your experience with the game but it's not something I understand or experienced. And I really DONT like Ellen Page so it was a shock to me how much I enjoyed her in this game.

Also I liked the story set-up and enjoyed piecing it together as it went along.

I know they updated it so you can go through it chronologically and I need to replay it to try that out but I'm sure I'll enjoy both experiences.

Agreed in the flaw in Heavy Rain and I think quantic even came out and even said they planned for something more with that but I could be remembering that wrong.

But despite that, I found heavy Rain utterly fantastic as well.

I respect your opinion but again I can't change the way I feel about my experience. I'm sorry you guys didn't enjoy it the same way I did.

So anyone give this a go yet? Did my first play through and it exceeded my expectations. If you don't like these type of games it probably won't convert you but it's lightyears ahead of Two Souls and a better all round game than Heavy Rain in my book.

The story never jumps the shark and is interesting, the performances top notch (Clancy Brown is amazing), the choices you make open up drastic changes in the narrative and some of the best facial animations I've seen.

The story is very simple, cliche and on the nose.
A generic, pretencious and illogical drag.

Half the facial animation is pretty meh.
Unless it's from the INYOURFACE angle, nothing looks great.

It's not horrible, like Beyond Two Souls. But it's not good either.
Just keep in mind that it was written and directed by the same guy who wrote and directed Omikron.

Had no idea Clancy Brown was in this.

It still amazes me that this hack gets funding to make these **** burgers. You'd think they learned their lesson with Mehyond.

Even looking at the game in a vacuum, as soon as I saw that racist dude from Grey's Anatomy as a character I knew I would never play this.

Jesse Williams?
I was surprised to find out there are people who think he's black...

Eh one of those "not really a game" games. And the story just didn't really bring anything new... there was no nuance/subtlety to anything. Tries to be smart but isn't really.

The only thing I liked is that your choices do have impact and it's not just "game over, restart" after a "bad" choice. Graphics are pretty good.

This does make me more eager for Cyberpunk though. CD Project Red > Quantic

I got this on sunday and finished it on the same day. It had some fun bits despite the rampat social justice nonsense. I hate Markus, I like Connor and I kinda love Kara. Which is weird because Markus is clearly the main guy, Connor is second and Kara is the least important by far.

I wish the game was just about Connor and Kara, or maybe just Kara. But he game would have to be longer and Alice should not be what she is and with a few other minor changes this would be a great game. I give it a 5.5 it's a bit better than the previous Cage games, but the politcal stuff ruins it big time.

Right now, I'm only looking forward to seeing Two Best Friends on Youtube play this, since they've done the last three Cage games.

MEjktkr.jpg

And Hillary Clinton is totally NOT a character in this game:

4gVr9MT.jpg

93c75si.jpg

I enjoyed this for what it was, when I first preordered it I didn't realize it was literally a playable "Choose your own adventure" storyline (for those who grew up in the 80s). Admittedly I was pretty disappointed, the storyline was great but I was basically watching a PS4 graphics movie where I sorta chose the path of the storyline....I felt this could have been a lot more but I got my $60 worth.

Back